RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the fact since you've had a 1 on 1 and a better understanding of what exactly the tune entails maybe.
I would consider it if I was to keep the tahoe. It would be definately lowered and maybe tuned by now. I even sold my tbss intake cause I just don't want to dump money into it.:smh:
And you have no idea how hard it is not to dump money into it being on this site :eek:
Yeah that one on one experience was totally worth it! Yeah its hard to be on here because I am always finding new things gave to do for my truck too!

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I made the 112 mile trek from big bear down to Chula Vista, near the Cali/Mexico border this morning to meet up with Justin at his office for a Black Bear Performance tune! @BlackBearPerf , , As many have said it’s well worth every dollar! Justin is great to work with! I was about 35 minutes late to my appointment thanks to crappy Cali traffic jams, and he was very patient and made all the timing work, which was awesome! He had a ton of great advice for my truck!

The tune is absolutely awesome! Opened up a lot of available power, especially since my truck runs in high altitudes a lot of the time. Kept tow haul mode the same, since I do tow during the summer. He played with all my shift points and smoothed them out! That’s I think the most fun part! When I want to downshift and get up and go, now I barely have to put my foot into the pedal and that downshift is real quick and smooth! I had a ton of fun with that tonight coming up the mountain! Towards the final uphill stretch I came up behind a ram 2500 and a custom ford 4x4 van, both with turbodiesels, and I pulled past them quite easily, with very steady power!

While doing the tune I brought up the MAF code coming up a couple times. Turns out it was out of spec and he got it pretty close to perfectly in spec, and that was impressive! Gotta pull out my throttle body and clean that up, but other than that my truck is in really good shape he said! So I’m a very happy camper!
BIG BENEFIT SO FAR: my gas mileage is coming up! Effortlessly did 75 on the freeway and my average was showing 17.2! Pretty impressive for a 6000lb landyacht doing 75 on a freeway! Haha.
I’ll get some video clips in daylight tomorrow to show some of the results off. I’m in love with my Denali all over again!

View attachment 186336

cool man. i was wondering if you had it done or not. and 17.2 avg mpg is great. i dont think i ever see a number that high unless i go down a hill that is 20 miles long haha. So does it actually feel more powerful? Or is it just the shifting? Sorry i have never tuned a car before

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool man. i was wondering if you had it done or not. and 17.2 avg mpg is great. i dont think i ever see a number that high unless i go down a hill that is 20 miles long haha. So does it actually feel more powerful? Or is it just the shifting? Sorry i have never tuned a car before
Don’t be sorry haha ask away! It does feel more powerful! He adjusted to accommodate for losing some power due to the fact that I live at a high elevation and that’s where most of my driving happens. And the shift points changing around helps utilize the power that is available. When I put my foot into it, the power is almost instant now and the downshift when I really wanna use the power happens pretty quickly. It’s really fun!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That's awesome. Part of the elite on the gm forums.
Does that mean now youre a tuner! :gay: lol jk.

So gotta ask what's next on the list ?

I just realized we're both bachelor's with no kids and own suvs. But you take it to another level with the xl lol.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. Part of the elite on the gm forums.
Does that mean now youre a tuner! :gay: lol jk.

So gotta ask what's next on the list ?

I just realized we're both bachelor's with no kids and own suvs. But you take it to another level with the xl lol.
Guess I’m a tuner now haha. Didn’t realize the black bear club was small. I thought more guys had their trucks tuned! Lol. I’m working on a few things! Wanna change wheels to 86 chrome. But that’s a little down the road still. More paint to come. Lol.

Wait I thought you had a female significant other?!?!