RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think somehow the current is backfeeding in that bad set of tails making the truck think it has brake pedal depressed... I would actually check for trace voltage on the brake light switch switched side. I do dig the red tube ones for sure... Looks great. Hope you get it figured out man.

Dig the ride also.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think somehow the current is backfeeding in that bad set of tails making the truck think it has brake pedal depressed... I would actually check for trace voltage on the brake light switch switched side. I do dig the red tube ones for sure... Looks great. Hope you get it figured out man.

Dig the ride also.
Thanks for the advice! I’ll have my mechanic trace that up for me as I’m not super handy with electrical work… lol

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... it’s been a crazy crazy couple of weeks.
life update: we’ve been battling snowstorms for the last two weeks-ish, small storms last week. Well then the weekend hit and we got hammered a solid foot and a half of snow in town and roughly two feet of snow at the ski resort. At one point only one road out of three in and out of town was open and that one had major accidents. Plus I heard the raid was under R3 chain restrictions, which for those of you who haven’t ever even seen a tire chain, means that there’s enough snow or ice on the roads that even 4x4 vehicles with all terrain or snow tires even have to chain up. Needless to say the Nali aka road tank handled it all just fine. No tire chains here. Don’t even have any tire chains that fit my 275/65 series tires. Lol.

Well just before the last weekends storm, I had 4 control arms, 4 ball joints, and 4 tie rods replaced. What a s**t show that was. I ordered all the parts from rock auto, and three out of four control arms that they shipped to me were wrong.... and had to be shipped back and refunded. :banghead:

so the two upper controls arms ordered turned out to be lowers, and went back. No big deal the local Carquest had the same moot parts for uppers that were correct. Picked those up, sent wrong parts back, and put everything in the truck for Thursday’s work slot. Thursday afternoon shop calls and says two lower control arms are both drivers side instead of one driver and one passenger..... dammit... he ordered one the next morning from his Chevy parts supplier, but said part was more expensive than both control arms I ordered from rock auto....

All that to say: this was the final work order price tag, not including what had to be spent on the correct parts from rock auto and Carquest.....

image.jpg
At any rate it’s done, and I don’t need to worry about. Steering is tight and responsive. Love the feeling!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to fix your cruise control issue? Maybe new taillight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately not anything on that front. Lol. I gotta figure that but out but we’ve had so much snow lately that I haven’t had time to deal with it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo