RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of products that work well for plastic.

Q-Bond is great for bonding plastic and Plastic-Aid is great for bonding and you can also use it to make small plastic pieces. It can also be color dyed as well. The Plast-Aid is also great for PVC plumbing too

Gotta JB weld the two broken clips on it. But then it’s just chillin.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of products that work well for plastic.

Q-Bond is great for bonding plastic and Plastic-Aid is great for bonding and you can also use it to make small plastic pieces. It can also be color dyed as well. The Plast-Aid is also great for PVC plumbing too

Nice! Thanks for the tip.. good info.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve noticed all week that my esky third brake light has been loose and not sitting in the housing correctly and I couldn’t figure out why the screws were all in place correctly. Turns out the plastic tabs where the screws go into the underside wifi the light were all starting to break. Well yesterday at the end of a frustrating work day of detailing a boat, the finally snapped. The light was just sitting loose in the base. So I unscrewed it and grabbed the light and put it in the truck. Thankfully where I was working was super close to home. Got home and grab the JB weld plastic bond that I had sitting at the house. Cleaned the areas and put tabs back in place with plastic bond. I let the whole house sitting over night upstairs in my apartment and the plastic bond cured perfectly. All the screws are back in and the light is snug on its base. I may see if I can pick up another light. But for now it’s ok. We shall see how long the tabs hold up.

D1C464A0-3A4F-46FB-82DA-9BB5E9659BE6.jpeg 0E04AE79-251A-44DA-AC90-0BDD7A978084.jpeg 26628844-CBFA-4BE5-A57F-E90B8D2933B5.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ve noticed all week that my esky third brake light has been loose and not sitting in the housing correctly and I couldn’t figure out why the screws were all in place correctly. Turns out the plastic tabs where the screws go into the underside wifi the light were all starting to break. Well yesterday at the end of a frustrating work day of detailing a boat, the finally snapped. The light was just sitting loose in the base. So I unscrewed it and grabbed the light and put it in the truck. Thankfully where I was working was super close to home. Got home and grab the JB weld plastic bond that I had sitting at the house. Cleaned the areas and put tabs back in place with plastic bond. I let the whole house sitting over night upstairs in my apartment and the plastic bond cured perfectly. All the screws are back in and the light is snug on its base. I may see if I can pick up another light. But for now it’s ok. We shall see how long the tabs hold up.

View attachment 259274 View attachment 259275 View attachment 259276
Good work Chase. Man, you’ve had a lot of trouble with that whole rear hatch area..!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work on the truck Chase! Man you gotta give yourself way more credit on your skill level.

Seriously though...go back when you didn't want to color match and now you are painting all kinds of pieces and CF the bezels and glueing the 3rd brake light, wiring the trailer brake controller, doing your front seats and more as well as catching problems before they become bigger issues..

And all the cool mods/updates you got going on plus of course the maintenance - window tint front, truck paid off, love that rear hatch trim painted, floor liners tie in nicely, lift gate hatch handle and that new shifter handle and redone steering wheel very nice indeed.

I think we forgot tingle, single, mingle, dingle, lol back a few posts...nice work again man.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

View attachment 259274 View attachment 259275 View attachment 259276
Is it common for these tabs to break off ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10