RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well the Nali played an interesting role today. Have needed to replace the fridge in my apartment for a year now. I think it’s been dying a slow painful death.... weird noises, barely keeping things cold. Anyways my mom ended up with an almost new side by side fridge from her house deal that fell through. Been sitting in her garage Since the end of March. I finally decided I needed to take it off her hands. Borrowed a small trailer and got it to my apartment today behind the Nali. Getting it up the bend in my interior entryway staircase was a real *****. Lol. But we handled it. Had to snap a shot of the Nali with the fridge in tow just before we unloaded it at my house... :D love my road tank!

View attachment 250226 View attachment 250227
Oooooo, it has water AND an ice maker too??I need one of those.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just tap into an existing water line. No need to run a hard line.
X2. Super easy. They make a water line kit for 10-15 bucks, and it comes with all you need. Can get plastic or copper. (Get the copper!!) and it comes with a self-tap saddle valve you just clamp on and screw down to pierce the copper pipe (or pex, if that’s whatchoo got)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your apartment is over a crawl space it’s pretty easy to go down , over and up. You can just drill a hole in the bottom of the sink cabinet and floor underneath with a real long bit, and one through the floor behind the fridge. I used flexible plastic line, it’s easiest because of no elbows or connectors just the ends. If you have no crawl space but an attic you can go up and over but it can be hard to go up and down through the wall cavities, you’ll need a snake and you need to drill through the wood at the top of the wall cavities. If you have neither you’ll have to get creative.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of this is way beyond my skill set.... lol plus I have no desire to drill holes in the cabinets. I have a feeling my landlord isn’t gonna like that.... hahah

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be a problem, makes it easier for the person that would move in after you! Or ask him/her to do it for you...I’ve done it a few times myself, not that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA