Removing bird crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3blackchevys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My story is that some bird decided to take a massive dump on my blazer a few months ago. Was never able to get it off and decided to clay bar and wax. Worked good.

before:

DSC01093.gif
DSC01094.gif

after:
DSC01098.gif
DSC01100.gif

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I burn it off with a propane torch

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah man its real easy, you can also use one of those razor blade holders and heat the blade up with the torch to aid in poo removal, also if you cut yourself it well self cauterize the wound

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
i take the torch directly to the bird crap, then scrape it with the razor blade. if that doesnt work i just rub it with a little paint thinner or brake fluid.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, I forgot to add the paint thinner part, I find paint thinner to be too harsh sometimes and will use mineral spirits most of the time. I'm not sure if this is a secret but I have found soaking the spot in brake fluid, then igniting with the torch will help break down the organic compounds much quicker, follow this up with a razor blade to remove whatever remains, this has always worked perfect for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900