removal of rear muffler...INFO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys….

Has anyone with a 6.2L removed the rear muffler? I am going to order the Volant “super tips” kinda like the SLP but nicer looking IMO and I am curious to know if anyone has done this and what the outcome was:

- A lot louder or a little louder??
- Drone??

Thank you all in advance for the info. I could use any kind of information avail!!!!!

-Scott

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Removing the resonator doesn't do to much for sound/perf. gains, it would almost be like normal.
I do know alot of people like to remove resonators when they add tips becuase it just looks cleaner, so go ahead and go for it, after all you 6.2 may sound like an Esky which is pretty good!

OP
OP
scottrick

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it doesn’t do anything to the sound or performance, they why does the factory put it there in the first place? Its gotta do something, don’t you think???

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah it quits up the exhaust and riddens of drone a bit, removal doesn't do much becuase many have taken it off here and complained it was too quiet, but then again they mostly have the 5.3L engine!

jmac572

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Massachusetts (currently in Al Kut, Iraq)
Hey guys….

Has anyone with a 6.2L removed the rear muffler? I am going to order the Volant “super tips” kinda like the SLP but nicer looking IMO and I am curious to know if anyone has done this and what the outcome was:

- A lot louder or a little louder??
- Drone??

Thank you all in advance for the info. I could use any kind of information avail!!!!!

-Scott

When you get that volant pipe on there you should post some pics, i just ordered the SLP tailpipe on LMP, i saw some pictures on the SLP website with the pipe installed on a denali and it looks good, but i havent seen any pics of the volant installed. I also couldnt justify the $200 difference in price, my only goal was really just the looks of that nice tip and to get rid of that huge resonator in the back, I didnt want to spend $500+ on an entire exhaust so the $179 price tag seemed great. im going to have my shop weld it in place and take that clamp off of the tip and weld the tip to the pipe, just some food for thought if that clamp was what was turning you away from the SLP.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Before I did my muffler, I got an increase in "good sound" without the resonator. It actually sounded real good, but just not quite burley enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts