Remote wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
seeing how this is my first post i will have to put some photos of my yukon up, but until then i have an problem.I ran some cables last night for my amp, and am looking for something behind the stock deck to connect my remote wire to. I tried searching but nothing came up. As well i don't have a test light or many tools (recently moved) so if you guys can tell me the wire colour in which harness to grab it would be great.

Its in a 2003 Yukon denali, with a stock bose system.

Thanks

Johnny

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
you can go to the side of the dash and get power from the 10 amp radio fuse

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the amp when they receive power from teh RCA's they turn on automatically. Even when you use the high low input of just speaker wire they turn on. If not, I would use the accessory (yellow, in most cases) from the deck.

OP
OP
A

AMG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending on the amp when they receive power from teh RCA's they turn on automatically. Even when you use the high low input of just speaker wire they turn on. If not, I would use the accessory (yellow, in most cases) from the deck.

Its an old amp, need a remote wire, usually it is yellow but there isn't one behind the deck this time. i will probably just run it from a fuse like the others said. right now i have it running of a constant wire and am unscrewing the wire when i get out of my truck.

Thanks for the suggestions

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OKay on the passenger side dash (opposite of the fuse box) there are a bundle of wires. Look for a bundle of brown wires. I used my test light on the first one I spliced and it worked fine. It's easy to tuck the wire behind the glove box to wherever you need to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttowntoehead

Latest posts