Remote start for 2003 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanisle03Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remote start options for NBS Yukon? I'd love to retrofit a factory unit, or set it up with OEM style fob.

I see MPC makes a kit specific to each model, anyone done this and like or hate it?

My limited search ability didn't return anything on here immediately and related to an NBS. Please post link and crucify me if I've been too stupid to find a thread which covers this.

Thanks!

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the MPC in my 03 Tahoe. Pretty easy install and it worked good. It did have an aftermarket key fob though. I just kept the fob in the house for early morning remote starts and carried the OEM fob for normal use.

My current 05 Yukon XL has an older Valet system that uses the OEM fob and 3 clicks of the lock button starts it. You may want to research which systems do similar if you want to keep the OEM fob.

purp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remote start options for NBS Yukon? I'd love to retrofit a factory unit, or set it up with OEM style fob.

I see MPC makes a kit specific to each model, anyone done this and like or hate it?

My limited search ability didn't return anything on here immediately and related to an NBS. Please post link and crucify me if I've been too stupid to find a thread which covers this.

Thanks!
My '03 had a remote start when I got it. There are python stickers on the front windows if that helps, idk if the fob is factory or not.. I'll send a pic of the fob.

Attachments

• 16699495527712984367217212789601.jpg
    16699495527712984367217212789601.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 5

purp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '03 had a remote start when I got it. There are python stickers on the front windows if that helps, idk if the fob is factory or not.. I'll send a pic of the fob.
Not factory.. lol. All I had to do was look at the pic.. haha

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not factory.. lol. All I had to do was look at the pic.. haha
Yeah... Avital must be one of the main suppliers of remotes for aftermarket alarm systems. Several of the ones I had recently all had Avital fobs.

Which makes sense. If I were a company making alarm/remote start systems... Why would I want to waste my time and resources come up with my own remote, when I can use one that has been proven already?

Logan5

Reaction score
Hate the factory Fob. Love the aftermarket Fob (Compustar).

I made sure to get a 2-way remote with my remote start so the fob could alert me with a successful remote start. Also the aftermarket range on door lock/unlock was much much farther than stock fob.

Scruffy442

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I emailed support at warmcarnow and they put some more Remote Starters + T-Harnesses back in stock for our trucks. I just received it yesterday, but I'm waiting till the 23rd to install it for Christmas for my wife. Everything is plug and play except for a 1 wire that needs to be tapped and 2 optional taps. It also works with the factory fob. I also bought the Cellular module which came with the adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC