Reduced engine power without cel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travstick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, new member, first post. Lokor help. I have a 2012 yukon denali 6.2. It's new to me so I don't know much about its past. The problem I have is with reduced engine power, some times when I start to pull out from a stop it will go into reduced engine power but it never has check engine light or had a code thrown. The check engine light works but doesn't come on when this happens. Anyone point me in the right direction to diagnose this. I have replaced the tps on the throttle body, just throwing money at it because that is what my Silverado needed few years ago.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you getting a Reduced Power message on the DIC or just noticing a reduction of power?

How has your transmission been acting for you? Condition of transmission fluid?

Do you have the ability of putting a scan tool on it and watch the live data to see what you can see?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
T

travstick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you getting a Reduced Power message on the DIC or just noticing a reduction of power?

How has your transmission been acting for you? Condition of transmission fluid?

Do you have the ability of putting a scan tool on it and watch the live data to see what you can see?
Yes, I get the message on the dic, transmission seems fine but it is me to me, and yes I've got a scan tool that will do live data

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since the DIC shows the message, there should be a powertrain code.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check ltft against stft and report back. Mine did this when I developed a vacuum leak in my intake manifold.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, new member, first post. Lokor help. I have a 2012 yukon denali 6.2. It's new to me so I don't know much about its past. The problem I have is with reduced engine power, some times when I start to pull out from a stop it will go into reduced engine power but it never has check engine light or had a code thrown. The check engine light works but doesn't come on when this happens. Anyone point me in the right direction to diagnose this. I have replaced the tps on the throttle body, just throwing money at it because that is what my Silverado needed few years ago.
bad/ loose cable at gas peddle , throttle body controller actuator or loose cable at the throttle body

Stage2Tahoe

Reaction score

Stage2Tahoe

Reaction score
I just had the same problem with my 03 Tahoe. I replaced the TCM and the TPS and neither fixed the problem completely. I had to replace the throttle body. The drive motor for the throttle body was going bad causing the throttle blade to flutter at idle which caused rough idle and reduced engine power. I however got a code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011