Recs for brake pads for 2015 Yukon 22" factory rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonTy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you guys using for brake pads?

I have limited knowledge of vehicles, working on becoming more of a "car" guy.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best I have used are the Baer Pads, but the GM or AC Delco Semi-Metallic pads are very good also..

I do not run Ceramic pads as they tend to eat rotors and do not have the stopping power of Semi-Metallic pads..

When I upgraded my 09 6.2 Tahoe I use the Baer Eradispeed 15" Rotor & Pads.. I could put you in the windshield it braked so hard.,,.

Of course, the secret to any good brakes is the proper "Bedding In Process" of the new brakes..., If you do not know how to do this you can go here: https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/index.jsp , lots of good information here on tires, brakes etc.

I am not a fan of the imported stuff.. bought it once and NEVER again..

Good luck,

Thirdcoast

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General consensus is that semi-metallic will be better at stopping. However, they need to be bedded correctly, they have more brake dust and they may not last as long depending on your driving habits. That last one apply's to all types, if you are ******* brakes they don't last on a 2 ton rig.

Ceramic are usually a little quieter, less dust and last a little longer. The bedding is recommended but probably not as critical on these. Personally I hate the brake dust and want them to last as long as possible. If you aren't upgrading to Brembo, Wilwood, or some other high end braking system I would just replace rotors (I usually don't resurface rotors but that can be done too) and pads with the middle of the road stuff depending on your budget. I don't tow very often, so that would probably change my options a little by going to a heavy duty pad.

No matter what you get you will have to replace them again. ;-) Good Luck.

OP
OP
YukonTy

YukonTy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback!

One other question, with my Yukon having the 22's factory option does that change the size/model # I need for brake pads? Are the rotors and calipers larger or same size as they would be the stock 20" wheels?

Hrocks

Reaction score
What are you guys using for brake pads?

I have limited knowledge of vehicles, working on becoming more of a "car" guy.

Used to do many track events with my Corvette. Had huge Wilwood 6/4 Pot calipers. Swore by Performance Friction 93 compound pads. Got unbelievable pad and rotor life. (agree that the bedding process was critical) Based on many years experience using PFC race pads, I only use their "Highway" or street pads on my vehicles. (Yukons, Tahoes, 'Slcade) Changed out the factory pads on my Tahoe a number of years ago and they continue to perform great under all conditions. Gave the truck to my son a couple of years ago and they're still going strong after about 60,000 miles. We live in Ohio, so we do have a tendency to get better than average tire and brake life, but still...

These pads will not eat your rotors, and will improve your stopping power. (Especially when they get hot.) Don't forget to totally purge your brake fluid when you do the job. Most people overlook this and don't realize that brake fluid is hygroscopic, which is to say, it attracts moisture. Your brake fluid might be rated at 600*F, but water boils @ 212*F, so make sure you change it out using a good quality fluid. (Don't get silicone fluid!!!)
You can get the fluid and the pads at the big auto parts stores for over $100 or online for about $85. The pads come with all the clips and the anti-rattle shims are part of the backing plate. Can't give you a strong enough recommendation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19