Reconsidering my order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colinel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Folks I find myself reconsidering my order for a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. I placed my order the first week of January. According to my dealer nothing has changed since that day. My dealer says my order is waiting to be accepted by GM, today is April 9th.
About 2 weeks ago I started chatting with GM. That is a shit show as I’ve been told it HAS been “officially accepted” and I have been told it’s “not officially accepted”. I’ve also been told my event code is currently 4000.
As I read on here other posts stating they did receive their vehicle but was “watered” down due to constraints. I do not want a sloppy second as I want what I’ve ordered.
You guys have settled for less than your desired wants for your vehicle, I’m happy for you. I’m tired of waiting and getting nothing from my dealer and getting idiots on the GM chat. One would think after 3 months my order status should have changed, but apparently it hasn’t.
I’m paying cash for my order, I’m thinking about taking my money elsewhere and purchase a different type vehicle.

Anyone else reconsidering their order as well?
Folks I find myself reconsidering my order for a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. I placed my order the first week of January. According to my dealer nothing has changed since that day. My dealer says my order is waiting to be accepted by GM, today is April 9th.
About 2 weeks ago I started chatting with GM. That is a shit show as I’ve been told it HAS been “officially accepted” and I have been told it’s “not officially accepted”. I’ve also been told my event code is currently 4000.
As I read on here other posts stating they did receive their vehicle but was “watered” down due to constraints. I do not want a sloppy second as I want what I’ve ordered.
You guys have settled for less than your desired wants for your vehicle, I’m happy for you. I’m tired of waiting and getting nothing from my dealer and getting idiots on the GM chat. One would think after 3 months my order status should have changed, but apparently it hasn’t.
I’m paying cash for my order, I’m thinking about taking my money elsewhere and purchase a different type vehicle.

Anyone else reconsidering their order as well?
Just any fyi through a bunch of experience buying cars and a brother that’s worked in the space as a GM. Buying with cash actually hurts your negotiating power. If looking for the best deal, it would probably behoove you to finance, get a price with that factored in, and then just pay off after a month or two. Either way, I’m sure you’ve considered but “cash” is always bad news to dealers for new cars since finance is how they make a good % of their profit.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Buying with cash actually hurts your negotiating power. If looking for the best deal, it would probably behoove you to finance, get a price with that factored in, and then just pay off after a month or two.

Theoretically you should negotiate on a price before even disclosing how you plan on purchasing the car. Getting the lowest price now you get the best deal.

Whatever they discount you in MSRP to finance with them (where paying cash would be a higher price) is just because they’re getting paid enough money to securing financing to make up for it . Most places that do that have a pre-payment penalty within a certain time frame so you just can’t pay off the loan immediately.

These guys aren’t stupid lol. There business is to make money.

I’d think it would be quite rare to find a salesman who’d tell you…look i know you want to pay cash but if you finance with us I get paid more money on the deal but to help you….it means I can lower your MSRP…and the way we both benefit is if you just make 1 payment at regular rate and then pay it off entirely the next month.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd be better off shopping out of state or doing a pre-contract with an incoming vehicle. I lurked the GMC Inventory website for 11 months until I finally decided to kill the order I placed in February, and just "settle" for an AT4 that had some of my bare essential requirements... And honestly, I'm genuinely happy with it as is. Like yourself, I wanted a fully loaded Yukon AT4, but they were hard to find, and one of the most marked up of the Yukon trim levels because of how hard they are to get.

I placed an order in late February with a local dealer that wasn't going to charge me above sticker. Unfortunately, two months in and the order was still stuck in "order placed at dealer" status (code 1100). At that point I had to decide whether to keep the order for another 8 months or continue my search on GMC's national inventory website, where I eventually found my current vehicle.

I ended up finding a Yukon AT4 out of state, that happened to be on the dealer lot for one week. I lucked up because it was at a very small and remote dealership, and it didn't get a lot of attention because their local economy tanked because a few local factories closed down. So lots of people lost their jobs. Not only that, but this AT4 had the new 2022 color Redwood Metallic - which most people either haven't seen or wanted to take a chance on. So, it was a win-win situation for me.

As

Sofa6A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In response to the OP, I cancelled my order on the Yukon. There was no clear line of sight to the timeline and too much uncertainty in the economy.

Went in a different direction and had the new vehicle exactly the way we wanted within a month if placing our order.

Very satisfied with our decision and moving on. Good luck to all waiting on your GM orders!

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
In response to the OP, I cancelled my order on the Yukon. There was no clear line of sight to the timeline and too much uncertainty in the economy.

Went in a different direction and had the new vehicle exactly the way we wanted within a month if placing our order.

Very satisfied with our decision and moving on. Good luck to all waiting on your GM orders!
What did you end up with?

colinel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'd be better off shopping out of state or doing a pre-contract with an incoming vehicle. I lurked the GMC Inventory website for 11 months until I finally decided to kill the order I placed in February, and just "settle" for an AT4 that had some of my bare essential requirements... And honestly, I'm genuinely happy with it as is. Like yourself, I wanted a fully loaded Yukon AT4, but they were hard to find, and one of the most marked up of the Yukon trim levels because of how hard they are to get.

I placed an order in late February with a local dealer that wasn't going to charge me above sticker. Unfortunately, two months in and the order was still stuck in "order placed at dealer" status (code 1100). At that point I had to decide whether to keep the order for another 8 months or continue my search on GMC's national inventory website, where I eventually found my current vehicle.

I ended up finding a Yukon AT4 out of state, that happened to be on the dealer lot for one week. I lucked up because it was at a very small and remote dealership, and it didn't get a lot of attention because their local economy tanked because a few local factories closed down. So lots of people lost their jobs. Not only that, but this AT4 had the new 2022 color Redwood Metallic - which most people either haven't seen or wanted to take a chance on. So, it was a win-win situation for me.

As
Agree. Cash is fine, but if you do it you just have to keep your cards close to your vest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE