Reconsidering my order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hrocks

Reaction score
You seem to have history with GM. Honestly, I’m looking for a luxury SUV that I would be proud to own. I put down $2000 on my order in early January, I’ve made 3 calls to the general manager at my dealership today and I’m still waiting for a return call. So far I’m not getting a good return on my investment. I never would have thought that if you had cash money, you can’t buy what you want. I’m starting to look at other makes/models to see what’s out there. You make a lot of good points. Thanks
You shouldn't have to beg a car dealer to take your money and give you a solid answer on the status of your pending purchase. Cash is king...go get what you want from a dealer who truly wants your business. I would suggest you consider to go drive an LX and let us know what you think. Everything is so smooth, precise and high quality.

Last edited:

nitehawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Folks I find myself reconsidering my order for a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. I placed my order the first week of January. According to my dealer nothing has changed since that day. My dealer says my order is waiting to be accepted by GM, today is April 9th.
About 2 weeks ago I started chatting with GM. That is a shit show as I’ve been told it HAS been “officially accepted” and I have been told it’s “not officially accepted”. I’ve also been told my event code is currently 4000.
As I read on here other posts stating they did receive their vehicle but was “watered” down due to constraints. I do not want a sloppy second as I want what I’ve ordered.
You guys have settled for less than your desired wants for your vehicle, I’m happy for you. I’m tired of waiting and getting nothing from my dealer and getting idiots on the GM chat. One would think after 3 months my order status should have changed, but apparently it hasn’t.
I’m paying cash for my order, I’m thinking about taking my money elsewhere and purchase a different type vehicle.

Anyone else reconsidering their order as well?
Funny I have ordered both a GMC as well as a F150 and getting the same from both companies . Foem even told me at least another month or so.. both have been on order since Nov. Dec. And both companies have come out and said that options were dependant on what ic chips are avaliable at the time of production.. I be patient is all I can say and hope that my two truck that I have last until then

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to beg a car dealer to take your money and give you a solid answer on the status of your pending purchase. Cash is king...go get what you want from a dealer who truly wants your business. I would suggest you consider to go drive an LX and let us know what you think. Everything is so smooth, precise and high quality.
Calling a dealership 3 times in one day is a little excessive....after the second call i'm sure the general manager said the hell with this guy

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Calling a dealership 3 times in one day is a little excessive....after the second call i'm sure the general manager said the hell with this guy
It's a common problem these days that once a dealership gets an order they will ignore you. A trick I use is to borrow a friend's phone and ask for sales, they think they have a fresh bite and put you right through.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
It's a common problem these days that once a dealership gets an order they will ignore you. A trick I use is to borrow a friend's phone and ask for sales, they think they have a fresh bite and put you right through.

Oh no doubt. I mean I hate to give them any sort of benefit of the doubt but when they submit your order there’s no much they can do because it’s entirely out of their hands. I think GM should have it set up where you automatically get updates, whether it’s weekly or biweekly, and it should be done unless the purchaser doesn’t want it. It should actually be an automated system that links with what the dealers can see themselves. Makes no sense why a buyer shouldn’t have access to it.

And I get the frustration of not being given any update because that was my situation until my salesman was fired and I got a new one. But when the car stalls at a particular status or event code and you just keep pestering them, because I’m sure some people do, they’re going to just eventually become unresponsive. And I kinda get it - if they can’t do anything and you’re frustrated, nothing they can say to you will relieve your frustrations. And if they keep telling you the ball hasn’t moved then maybe they think they’re proactively pushing you out the door and make you ask for a refund.

And some guys and gals are just lazy bc they know if you walk another will buy your car in a heart beat…so they have no desire doing extra work that won’t benefit them.

I think one of the main problems also lies with the lack of education the salesman have around the actual entire ordering process. I’ve been knee deep in this forum for months and I still don’t know exactly how it works. Unless they have a career salesman who’s there for years upon years…it seems like it’s not something you can teach easily for them to convey that to a purchaser

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no doubt. I mean I hate to give them any sort of benefit of the doubt but when they submit your order there’s no much they can do because it’s entirely out of their hands. I think GM should have it set up where you automatically get updates, whether it’s weekly or biweekly, and it should be done unless the purchaser doesn’t want it. It should actually be an automated system that links with what the dealers can see themselves. Makes no sense why a buyer shouldn’t have access to it.

And I get the frustration of not being given any update because that was my situation until my salesman was fired and I got a new one. But when the car stalls at a particular status or event code and you just keep pestering them, because I’m sure some people do, they’re going to just eventually become unresponsive. And I kinda get it - if they can’t do anything and you’re frustrated, nothing they can say to you will relieve your frustrations. And if they keep telling you the ball hasn’t moved then maybe they think they’re proactively pushing you out the door and make you ask for a refund.

And some guys and gals are just lazy bc they know if you walk another will buy your car in a heart beat…so they have no desire doing extra work that won’t benefit them.

I think one of the main problems also lies with the lack of education the salesman have around the actual entire ordering process. I’ve been knee deep in this forum for months and I still don’t know exactly how it works. Unless they have a career salesman who’s there for years upon years…it seems like it’s not something you can teach easily for them to convey that to a purchaser
My reasons for calling weren't necessarily about updates rather how the process works, how many allocations they received last month and where I might be on the list. Another time at a different dealership I was asking for a copy of our sales agreement, after the second request I cancelled. People have legitimate reasons to call other than an update.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
My reasons for calling weren't necessarily about updates rather how the process works, how many allocations they received last month and where I might be on the list. Another time at a different dealership I was asking for a copy of our sales agreement, after the second request I cancelled. People have legitimate reasons to call other than an update.
Oh i get it. But calling to speak to the GM 3 times in a single day is excessive. I'd leave a message and give him a day. If he doesn't respond by next AM call again in the afternoon.

Calling 3 times in a day is not going to get you anywhere but on their sh*t list...more times than not

You also have to realize - they do not have to disclose their allocation #s or how many orders they already have to potential buyers. This is information that very few will provide.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a fantastic book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People" - it's often recommended reading to managers at larger companies, but I believe everyone should read it as it has a lot of good life lessons on how to get people on your side and to be blunt - not on their $h*t list.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually go with the one call/text...if no reply, they get an unannounced in-person visit the next day. No need for a bunch of games back and forth.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
There are aftermarket RSE systems that you can have installed....

Or there is the easier and more efficient method.....a tablet holder that goes into the headrest and you have your choice of any tablet you want.
Yup, I have those on my headrest bars in my 2022 Ram, the War Department wants factory. Don’t ask me why……

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63