rear tire off center after djm flip kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lildavid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey tony how it going. i purchaced a djm flip kit, hangers, 1" lifting shackles (because i didnt want to c-notch) and 2" dropped spindles for my 98 2 door 2wd tahoe. i purchased them in person, not sure if i dealt with u. ( if ur son works for compton recreation, then it was. i work for paramount) anyways, aflter installing everything, the new rear tire location, about 1-2 inches back from on center. i think this is to compensate for the "longer" driveshaft as a result of lowering, am i right? if so, do u sell a saddle that will for the rear end that will center the rear wheels in the wheelwell. i dont mind cutting my driveshaft. the real wheels are bugging me! thanks. please email me . [email protected]

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hey tony how it going. i purchaced a djm flip kit, hangers, 1" lifting shackles (because i didnt want to c-notch) and 2" dropped spindles for my 98 2 door 2wd tahoe. i purchased them in person, not sure if i dealt with u. ( if ur son works for compton recreation, then it was. i work for paramount) anyways, aflter installing everything, the new rear tire location, about 1-2 inches back from on center. i think this is to compensate for the "longer" driveshaft as a result of lowering, am i right? if so, do u sell a saddle that will for the rear end that will center the rear wheels in the wheelwell. i dont mind cutting my driveshaft. the real wheels are bugging me! thanks. please email me . [email protected]

did you take the leafs out fully when you did this?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
only time ive seen this when people pull the leafs out and put them in backwards after a flip.

can you take a picture of both drivers and pass side rear tires so we can see how much its off.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Could he have installed those axle saddles backwards having the "front" hole towards the rear? that will im sure put the rear axle far back. My truck just got the flip kit done. Still need to tweak the pinion angle a hair and find new shocks, but other then that, its done. My tires arnt messed up :think:

idk if i would keep driving it with that problem. maybe a change of the driveshaft coming out on you.. that wouldnt be good.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
that could be another thing also. I just want to make sure nothings wrong with the kit.

OP
OP
L

lildavid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lol. No i didnt reinstall the leaf spring backwards.and as far as the saddles, i installed themthem just like the instructions showed, with the off center hole to the front of the vehicle. Last time i was at djm buying the lowered shocks and extenders, jeff i think his name was, told me that the kit intentionally pulls the rear end back one inch in order for the driveshaft not to bottom out in the trans. He also said djm makes asaddle with the positioning hole on center already in the event thatvu decide to make this change.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
look at my sig, my rearend didnt move. I had the rear end out for a rebuild, took the leafs out for a rebuild, took the driveshaft out, hangers off and on, shackles off and on. No reason it should of pushed it back.
Post up pictures.. this will help. post up pictures of under your truck as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881