Rear sway bar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can flip the Beltech sway bar as its bent to fit around the rear end I will try adjusting the Panhard bar although I have it even right now I can push both side out a bit. it's weird the sway bar seems to be touching but hasn't put a dent or scratch on the shock housing yet and I've driven it a lot and even towed my travel trailer.

The only thing that will pull the swaybar to the right side after driving it though is the panhard bar.

I have a stock swaybar dropped 5” in the rear and my swaybar is nowhere near my right shock. Although I’ve seen tons of people having the issue with the swaybar rubbing the shocks.

my DJM rear hardware kit is fairly new, with the black powder coating instead of the hammered like they used to be.

I can post a pic, it may or May not help you at all, since you’re running an aftermarket swaybar.

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you can see on the swaybar where it used to ride in the bushing. It’s moved over to the right atleast 1” from where it used to be. And it’s got tons of room. 3171235F-9F4F-4170-A01D-C4CF520DB1F3.jpeg

setconstr

Reaction score
Yours looks different then mine the shock relocation brackets on mine moved them out quite a bit I think maybe I don't need those at all it just seemed like the angle of the shock was not letting the shocks do their job, mine is also 5" in the Rear

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn’t need shock extenders at all if you’re running the correct shocks.

Im running the 2410FF shocks, they are at a great angle, with no binding. Shock extenders are only needed when using stock length shocks.

I see you’re running street performance shocks. Make sure they are the correct part number, if So, remove those shock extenders. They are doing more harm than good.

setconstr

Reaction score
I'm sure I have the right shocks they came with the Belltech kit I ordered ( 3" - 5" ) but yes I don't think I need those extenders although they do put the shocks at a much better angle. I really think the Beltech sway bar is the problem. DJM says there sway bar links are for stock sway bars ( mines gone to the dump ) it's all fine though it rides better then ever now with the free travel mode and the lower control arm relocation bracket

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotcha. You’re just extending the shocks really far using those extenders.

My shocks are at a perfect angle without any need for those additional brackets.

however. The only way to fix your issue is to adjust the panhard bar or bend the swaybar. Which I wouldn’t bend a swaybar.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
removed the shock relocation brackets and all is good sway is totally clear
Nice. Sorry I haven’t been getting alerts on this thread for awhile. I was going to suggest measuring to see how far off- center your rear end is with that drop, glad someone else was helping. I am running shock extenders because I’m running Bilstein air bladder shocks which only come stock length so if you’re running shorter shocks then you don’t need them as you found out. Also, there are several brands of extenders , I’m not sure which ones I had an issue with but I remember one set changed the placement of the bottom of the shocks either ,eft or right, they were slightly offset for some stupid reason. Funny shit DJM would say that about stock sway bars- they sell a sway bar for our trucks. Their end links are fine with it. Those guys are idiots imo. Their instructions for the 00-06 end links are wrong, I busted them on it . They admitted it and said they were going to fix them, but never did. The pictures say one thing, the words say the opposite. They say to install the driver side on the outside of the end link. It can only go on the inside, like in the picture.

setconstr

Reaction score
Yea I just thought it would be better to have the shock almost vertical but the angle looks like Colby "s picture now . I'm done with suspension back to removing the rear wiper. Thanks for all the input everyone !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE