Rear sway bar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
Red rocket hey man if u look at my photo and compare it to ur photo of the sway bar link u can clearly see that yours was welded in the center of the bushing mine is welded more towards the outer of the bushing I bet that is the issue hey if you get some time can you take a pic of the drivers side sway bar link for me so I can compare how ur sway bar links look compared to mine

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some more pics. Both sides. I see your point about your right side. Have you contacted DJM yet? BTW that's DJM's swaybar that I added also.

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
I'm going to contact them today and email them the pics if yours is 2002 mines a 2005 Tahoe then my sway bar links should be the same as yours but there not and that weld could be making a difference thanks for the pics and help I'll let u know what they say

setconstr

Reaction score
Rocket man I installed the Spohn pan hard bar and boxed lower control arms also the DJM shock and lower control relocation brackets and the sway bar links. I re-drilled the drivers sway bar bracket and when I finished I had about 1/4 " clearance from the passenger sway bar to the shock but after driving it a few hundred miles it's moved to the shock , I loosened it all pushed the sway bar back as far as I could tightened it up drove a while same thing, any ideas Thanks

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocket man I installed the Spohn pan hard bar and boxed lower control arms also the DJM shock and lower control relocation brackets and the sway bar links. I re-drilled the drivers sway bar bracket and when I finished I had about 1/4 " clearance from the passenger sway bar to the shock but after driving it a few hundred miles it's moved to the shock , I loosened it all pushed the sway bar back as far as I could tightened it up drove a while same thing, any ideas Thanks
The sway bar probably isn’t installed right. Post some pics of both sides where they attach to the end links as well as the orientation of the end links. DJM's instructions are wrong. The words say one thing and their pictures say another. I emailed them months ago and they admitted they were wrong and were going to fix them but I just looked and of course they never did.

setconstr

Reaction score
I called DJM and they said all their components are used with OEM sway bars not aftermarket so I think I 'll just take the Belltech sway bar off and heat it an bend the passenger side in a bit should work

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called DJM and they said all their components are used with OEM sway bars not aftermarket so I think I 'll just take the Belltech sway bar off and heat it an bend the passenger side in a bit should work

what I would try before scrapping the belltech swaybar, is adjust your panhard bar.

The issue you’re having is when you hit bumps, drive the truck etc, the rear end is being pulled to the right...

You need to lengthen the panhard bar, measure from a common location on each side to ensure the vehicles axle is centered, with the full weight of the truck on it.

Put some blocks under the tires and make the adjustments.

if this doesn’t help, remove the swaybar and flip at over 180 degrees. Put the current left side, on the right side.

let me know what happens.

setconstr

Reaction score
I don't think you can flip the Beltech sway bar as its bent to fit around the rear end I will try adjusting the Panhard bar although I have it even right now I can push both side out a bit. it's weird the sway bar seems to be touching but hasn't put a dent or scratch on the shock housing yet and I've driven it a lot and even towed my travel trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts