Rear sway bar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
Thanks so much yeah I have the shock extenders on mine and I have stock 17 wheels I will eventually go up to a twenty but probably no bigger then that I have the lt self leveling shocks and I've read u can convert them to standard by switching the springs I don't really want to pay $260 a shock for the rear do you have or no any info of how smooth the ride is on a LT spring shock swap to bilsteins for the rear. Oh what about front sway bar links I have the spindles up front I don't think they changed any of that did they

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no experience on the shock conversion, I have Autoride enabled. As for front swaybar endlinks, go to www.energysuspension.com and look in their catalog at universal endlinks ( not vehicle specific) and there are instructions on how to measure and order. You might have to cut or grind some of the plastic bushings to fit your swaybar where they fit into the holes but it's pretty minor. They have the only ones that I have heard of that can be ordered in all different lengths for the front.

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
So I installed the djm's rear end sway bar links and now the sway bar is rubbing the shock does anyone have a solution to fix this the way the end links are made it shoves it right onto the shock I have the zw7 three inch thick shocks in the back need help fixing this

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Autoride shocks which are big too. I remember it being real close when the suspension was hanging but as I lowered the truck down it cleared fine. Also I believe I reversed the shock bolts. Is it hitting just when it's hanging or after you lower it off the jackstands?

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
It's hitting off the jack stands I can go down our main road and make a right turn into the gym I go to and when the body rolls a bit I can hear it make a deep rub noise I've almost thought about trying to bend them to give it clearance it really just pisses me off these are supposed to work and having no vehicle lift and having to get on the ground underneath it is not fun at all

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you installed them, did you have instructions? Just wondering because mine didn't come with any so I had to contact DJM. Anyway, when you installed them did you reuse one bolt on the driver side and drill one new hole? That puts the swaybar one inch to the right. Also do you have the shock relocators? I believe they are necessary for this mod. They move the lower shock mount down.

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
Yes I have the shock relocators and my sway bar links where ball joint type so I only had the two bolts from the factory endlinks and the two bolts with the kit I drilled a new hole and had to use the same bolts and get new nuts to bolt it to the frame the two big black bolts in the kit I had to use to connect the sway bar to the links at the bottom it bolts on the right clear the shock forward its about two inches flowing back down the sway bar is where it's rubbing the shock u can't see it in the pic but it's rubbing can I bend these damn end links to make it shift a lil bit back over to the left for clearance

IMG_3281.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's mine. You can see it's close but this is with the suspension hanging. It gets more clearance as the suspension travels up when the truck is lowered off the jack.

IMG_4134.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at mine, you can see my swaybar looks like it's back to the rear more than yours, and as it comes down it goes back even further so there's clearance front-to-rear between the shock and the mounting bolt for the swaybar at the bottom of the endlink. The swaybar itself you can see is close to my shock, probably 1/2". Is that where yours is rubbing because your shock at the bottom is thicker? You might try to bend the endlinks. I'd get ahold of DJM first though.
Edit: since they're not open today, get ahold of Tony @ tbssowners. He's the resident guru on these suspensions and he'll help you, even if you didn't but them from him. He has a link at the top of this page or look up his info in the vendor section. IM him or even call him. He answers questions at any time.

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
Thanks man sorry for the late reply I will contact them and see what they say yeah all did was move the drivers side sway bar mount over to where they said to mount it then slide the sway bar over to mount up with the links and I have the thick self leveling shocks from the sway bar bolt back about an inch or two towards the frame is where the sway bar rubs but will contact tony soon just haven't had time to get under there and deal with it thanks man for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442