Rear suspension sits low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what type of offroading your going to do. If its just some mild mudding/rock crawling then sure, use your 65-75k rig. If your doing more serious offroading, get a dedicated rig amd get it set up properly to do the mire intensive stuff. I know i sure am not going to want to buy an 65-75k rig and take it offroading/rock crawling on anything extensive. Then again i dont offroad so what do i know???

Edfromcorolla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s pretty bad for beach driving, which is honestly a popular use for these vehicles. I live in northeast North Carolina and have to commute the beach. I personally drive a Subaru and I have way more clearance and have even taken video behind them. I’ve been seeing quite a few of the new generation stuck ( a result of not airing down) but on these you can’t decide to air down later…these things drag so bad you have no room to work with. The Expedition doesn’t drag in the rear near as bad. People here are refusing to buy the newer Tahoes/Suburbans and they used to be a favorite around here.

Attachments

• EB96BD86-CD7F-489D-8686-43A65DE569F6.jpeg
    EB96BD86-CD7F-489D-8686-43A65DE569F6.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 12

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty bad for beach driving, which is honestly a popular use for these vehicles. I live in northeast North Carolina and have to commute the beach. I personally drive a Subaru and I have way more clearance and have even taken video behind them. I’ve been seeing quite a few of the new generation stuck ( a result of not airing down) but on these you can’t decide to air down later…these things drag so bad you have no room to work with. The Expedition doesn’t drag in the rear near as bad. People here are refusing to buy the newer Tahoes/Suburbans and they used to be a favorite around here.
‘Drives a Subaru; first post dumping on Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon:’ Strange! Anything else to contribute on an owners’ forum?:yaoface2:

Edfromcorolla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
‘Drives a Subaru; first post dumping on Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon:’ Strange! Anything else to contribute on an owners’ forum?:yaoface2:
I just ran across the post online reading some beach driving posts. I’m not trying to dump on them and I hope they fix the issue.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These new rigs are made for taking your kids to school and picking up the groceries in style. There’s nothing off-road worthy about them with that independent rear suspension setup. Sure the z71 and at4 come with an “off-road appearance” package and a little lift but that don’t change a thing in the rear on the bottom side. Might as well be off-roading grandmas Buick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC