Rear Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yukon4x4

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to covert the Jack area of the rear of a 1999 Tahoe/Yukon into a sub enclosure like the newer versions?

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google it I've seen pics of it but don't know how it sounds or you can find a 99 denali/
Escalade floor console with the Bose sub inside it wire it up to your system you want regret it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

99Yukon4x4

Reaction score
83 bimmer, thanks for the info. I like the stock look, but the under the rear seat box is nice as well. Still trying to figure out what I want to do, but wanted to see who has done this before.

thanks!

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All depends on what kind of sub you want to go with. The box under the seat greatly limits your choices on subwoofers

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

OP
OP

99Yukon4x4

Reaction score
the first box you showed, is what I am leaning towards. The 2nd one is nice, but want it hidden. Not looking to set records for SPL, but just something to add to the components I already have.

Thanks

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understated. I really liked the first one I did but it didn't quite have the sound I was looking for so I had to go with a conventional box. Don't like how it looks as much but sounds great

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ive got plans drawn up for a pair of sub boxes to go over the rear wheel wells with sealed, larger sealed, and ported versions. If there is any interest I'd be glad to share them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
a7u7evym.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me a copy when you get a chance :) rodneypowell01(at) yahoo. I got duo voice coils JBL's that I will be using a long with 2 10" in the barn doors ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n