Rear seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lugnut428

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I have a 99 Tahoe - the wife and I just had a baby and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the rear seat from a 2003+ will fit in my 99? I'm wondering cuz the 2003+ have the LATCH system that my 99 doesn't.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose you could rob the latch system out of one and cut holes in the floor to make it work. Or you could just bolt another rear seat out of a 99 tahoe back there. Either way it will take some modification.

OP
OP
lugnut428

lugnut428

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hmmmm...I was hoping it'd bolt right up. Anyone know how hard it'd be to steal a LATCH and make it work?

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never tried it. I cant see that it would be that hard but I also work on cars for a living.

our97ho

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I have a 99 Tahoe - the wife and I just had a baby and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the rear seat from a 2003+ will fit in my 99? I'm wondering cuz the 2003+ have the LATCH system that my 99 doesn't.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Congrats on the baby Im not sure as to the seat swap but google child seat latch systems I know theres a kit that you can get to install one if your car doesnt have one my ex did it for our daughter after she was born

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
i just use the seat belt as the latch system.. works great tbh. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269