Rear Seat Entertainment Screen Rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IBTCNCR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning! New to the site!

I'm Larry, I recently purchased a 2018 Yukon XL Denali 4wd.

I am planning a couple of road trips coming up with the family and I was wondering if anyone had rotated the factory Entertainment Screen for the 3rd row so that the middle row would be able to see the screen? My son is still in a rear facing car seat, and he can't see the screen.

I'm somewhat of a gadget nerd, so I was just curious if anyone else had done this before I start pulling screws out of a new truck!

I traded in a 2011 Tundra Crewmax that I had installed an interior camera that I could switch on at anytime rather than having a mirror on the headrest... dorky, but it was a fun project!

Below is a photo of the new ride and an image of the type of drop down screens that I have.

20181105_135230.jpg

2019-gmc-yukon-denali-xl-blueray-dvd-entertainment-screens-770x514.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of anyone trying it before but I would imagine for all the stuff I have torn apart or seen broken/dissembled before that once you get down to the backside of the screen/hinge area that it is going to either have 2 pins (one on each side) or one long pin that will need to come out, then the wires are only going to be running down one side, so that being the case if you want to flip it you may have to extend the wires (cut them and add a few inches) so that it can be flipped and then put back together. if your lucky the wires may go thru the hinge and then down the center area. I am sure someone has probably replaced the lcd in the past on these so you might poke around on google and get lucky with a how-to on changing the lcd and that will help show how it all comes apart without breaking it.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this is just my opinion but, if the kid is too young to sit forward-facing, they probably don't need a DVD playing.

That said...

You could mount one of your handy little cameras to the front of the DVD player and stream it to a screen in front of the kid,

Or,

For the (relatively) short amount of time that the kid is rear-facing, just get a headrest mounted unit and put it on the back seat headrest.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valid point!

But, I just want re-affirm that this is MY opinion. I am not condemning anything. Everyone's parenting style is different. That's what make the world go 'round.

(A story- I worked with a guy that would not his teenage children even play video games in the car. He said if he's driving then they need to be aware of what's going on around them too)

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn’t mess with it because you’re going to need the dvd screen in its current position soon and for the life of the car. Instead, I would just hang an iPad over the back of the seat and somehow position it so the kid could watch.

How old is you’re kid and how far are you driving? Is she/she you’re first kid? I’m asking cause want to gauge how much experience you have with “kid entertainment”. It’s possible you’re over thinking this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
IBTCNCR

IBTCNCR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1st child, 6 months old. It is more of a visual distraction on a 6 hour drive.

OP
OP
IBTCNCR

IBTCNCR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But, I just want re-affirm that this is MY opinion. I am not condemning anything. Everyone's parenting style is different. That's what make the world go 'round.

(A story- I worked with a guy that would not his teenage children even play video games in the car. He said if he's driving then they need to be aware of what's going on around them too)

No offense taken... takes more than an opinion to upset me. I like hearing other's thoughts and ideas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick