Rear Seat Entertainment, no response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstewart3ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to me 2021 Tahoe with RSE installed. Both screens were cracked during POs ownership.

One screen turns itself off and on at completely random times every single time we are in the car. The screen itself turns on and you can see everything on it, but touch response is essentially never working….every once in a while it’ll respond to me touching the power button on screen But most of the time there’s no response to touch. I can turn off from the front screen, but it turns itself right back on. Anyone with experience on these have a guess as to what’s causing it to turn on and off at random times? I’m trying to further diagnose before I decide whether to order new screens or not. Screen problem, wiring problem, both?

Im also starting to wonder if I’m not better off just taking them out and replacing with iPad…LOL. The cost just for the new screens from Chevy is over $1700. Results from this thread may help me with my decision!

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, you will need a power source to charge the iPads, and wifi if they don’t have cellular connections.

iamlegion

Reaction score
iPads 1000%. You don’t NEED WiFi, you can sync TV shows and movies with almost every streaming service. Plus iPads work out of the car.

Get a holder and arm from Akron , then get one of these for each holder: https://arkon.com/products/hm007-sbh-car-headrest-mount. They have tons of arm sizes and lengths.

I have not seen a more versatile and stable mounting option on the market.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
iPads 1000%. You don’t NEED WiFi, you can sync TV shows and movies with almost every streaming service. Plus iPads work out of the car.

Get a holder and arm from Akron , then get one of these for each holder: https://arkon.com/products/hm007-sbh-car-headrest-mount. They have tons of arm sizes and lengths.

I have not seen a more versatile and stable mounting option on the market.
You do need WiFi or cellular, or download the movies to the device before you hit the road. But for streaming, a connection is necessary.

iamlegion

Reaction score
You do need WiFi or cellular, or download the movies to the device before you hit the road. But for streaming, a connection is necessary.
Why are people so argumentative in these forums? I literally said you don’t need it if you download the shows.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are people so argumentative in these forums? I literally said you don’t need it if you download the shows.
Your post is confusing. Had you indicated the download would take place BEFORE bring the iPad into the vehicle, it would have been more clear.

Not to argumentative, but I think it’s common knowledge iPads don’t magically have media for our entertainment. WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular, or cable are needed for the task.

mtrentw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had passenger side cracked screen. Same issue turning itself on after shutdown from front. Annoying at night. Removed both and replaced with hard plastic cover. I’ve got a driver side screen for 2021 Tahoe/yukon/Escalade cheap if interested. IMG_1963.jpegIMG_1962.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts