Rear seat bucket in Yukon XL has slide rails?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon passenger side rear bucket has slide rails on it. I removed the seats recently and was able to manually open the spring loaded levers that lock it in place, but there is no way that I can see to adjust the seat or the purpose for this exactly. Anybody have the same? Also does there happen to be any seat "Garnish" diagrams around? This seat in particular has some unique plastics, that I cant say remember how they go on. Thanks!

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look directly below the seat back (the side closest to the door), you will see a lever that you can rotate to the rear of the truck.
This slides the seat forward, and allows easier access to the 3rd row seating.
It makes it so you don't have to go between rear captains chairs to get to the 3rd row.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Yukon passenger side rear bucket has slide rails on it. I removed the seats recently and was able to manually open the spring loaded levers that lock it in place, but there is no way that I can see to adjust the seat or the purpose for this exactly. Anybody have the same? Also does there happen to be any seat "Garnish" diagrams around? This seat in particular has some unique plastics, that I cant say remember how they go on. Thanks!
Thsts what cell phone cameras are for :)

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there/done that. It is a complicated mechanism. Twisting the lever allows the seat back to flip forward JUST A LITTLE...then if working correctly, will allow the whole seat to slide forward. HOWEVER...if the seat bottom is flipped up, it allows the back to flip way forward but NOT slide the seat. THIS is to (remove the headrest) allow the seat back to lay flat on the floor when the seat bottom is flipped up. The series of cables all joining at one black plastic wheel tells the mechanism if the seat bottom is up or down and what to do with the rest of the seat. Invariably...that plastic part breaks and the seat will not slide. I fixed mine carefully drilling a hole in it, putting in a screw & washer to hold the cable in it. Part Not Available...they only sell the ENTIRE ASSEMBLY all for that one small part.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 60/40 rear bench also has the same functionality, tilt passenger side seat back forward, then slide the seat bottom forward, mine always had car seats in it so that nice little feature was rarely used.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK - Here's some pic of mine to go with my post above.IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there/done that. It is a complicated mechanism. Twisting the lever allows the seat back to flip forward JUST A LITTLE...then if working correctly, will allow the whole seat to slide forward. HOWEVER...if the seat bottom is flipped up, it allows the back to flip way forward but NOT slide the seat. THIS is to (remove the headrest) allow the seat back to lay flat on the floor when the seat bottom is flipped up. The series of cables all joining at one black plastic wheel tells the mechanism if the seat bottom is up or down and what to do with the rest of the seat. Invariably...that plastic part breaks and the seat will not slide. I fixed mine carefully drilling a hole in it, putting in a screw & washer to hold the cable in it. Part Not Available...they only sell the ENTIRE ASSEMBLY all for that one small part.

There is actually two separate levers (at least on my '00 XL). The one down low lets you slide the seat forward, and the one up high (on the hinge area) that lets it fold down, after you pull the bottom seat up and out of the way, and remove the head rest.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is actually two separate levers (at least on my '00 XL). ....
Mine is a 2005 XL with captain chairs on 2nd row. Tilting the back of the seat forward a few inches while the seat is down opens the rail lock to slide the whole thing. I had to study the mechanism real close to understand how all those cables interact and see it was the black plastic piece that was broken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne