Rear park assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdotson12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum. I have a 2011 Tahoe. A few months ago my wife was rear ended and as a result we replaced the rear bumper park assist wiring harness and all four sensors. The service park assist message still appears until I put it in reverse. I hear the beeping and I’ve tested the sensors and they work as well. But when I put it into drive and go maybe a mile or so I get the service park assist message again. Any ideas on what my problem may be? Appreciate the help

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I do know is unplugging the darn thing will turn off the stupid messages and beeping! (it's under the passenger seat)

...of course nobody should do this since it's a 'safety' thing.

dlt51758

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing...all new sensors, all produce an alarm when object is placed in front of sensor. Even after resetting the message, it comes back on when I slow down below 25 mph. So I was wondering if you ever found the fix for this issue? Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need a scan tool to determine the issue, could be one or more of the sensors is bad or not working correctly, not seated properly, poor voltage, dinged or damaged sensor, paint or dirt on it. could be many things. you really need a scan tool to get to the root of the problem

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, check to make sure all sensors are plugged in correctly and use a scanner to see if there are codes for the sensors or module. If all is good, you can always spray WD-40 directly on the sensor and clean with rag. It's an old Merceds/BMW trick when sensors act up. Works every time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17