rear monitor in black and white???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Im installing my new avh 5100 flip out and when i connect it to my rear factory monitor its in b&w..wtf? Is there something im not doing right?

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
if it helps any..the screen flashes color for a second then goes to b&w

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Nothing? Damn..well after a bunch of research I'm thinking its something to do with the power supply going bad. Does anyone know if this is replaceable or where I can get a factory replacement monitor? Anything will help at this point.

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
yes. the factory has 4 inputs and the all do the same thing. The new unit is a pioneer avh-5100dvd to a factory accelvision..(I think). I also hooked up a camera to the input and still the same, color for a second the to black and white. The pic is clear, no fuzz or anything.

imtbear69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK if i remember right i heard someone say once that you have to buy an adapter to make it work something to do with the factory setup the factory head unit sends a different signal that the monitor can read for color,i dont know how true that is,but if I were you I would call a local stereo shop and see if they have it or call the dealer and see if that is true.If is not then it may be a bad monitor or the stereo may have a default in it.

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
I tried calling a few places and no one wanted to really help me over the phone. I know the head unit is good, but its possible the flip down is bad. Its also possible that it reads PAL or NTSC signal, but I thought the Pioneer can change its output to either. Ive searched and searched but cant find any info on the older model flip downs...grrr this is frustrating...thanks for the input I may need a signal amp too..idk

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you hook a regular dvd player up to it and see if it does the same thing? run an extension cord or something from your house. If its B&W with a few things I would think its a bad unit, is there some kinda setting maybe? But, I am no expert.

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
Yea I tried that too with the same result. I'm guessing its finally taken a shit after 11 years. It was never used though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz