Rear lower than the Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im really confused on the rear set up with my truck.

I had a 2” Belltech spring in the rear and it sat almost 1” higher than the front when I changed my wheel and tire combo. ( 24” with 295/35/24 )

So I decided to get the Belltech 3-4” spring that includes the 1” spacer to put it at 3”. Installed it, with the spacer and now my truck is sitting 1” lower than the front.

It also looks the the front raised 1/2” from where it was sitting before I installed the new springs.

Not sure what happen.

Should I get a set of 1.5” spacers and swap out the 1” ones? Or just lower my front 1”.

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I would wait till it all settles and recheck your measurements.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having the same problem with the 5305 springs. Even with the isolators and the spacer I’m about even (but sitting on the bump stops). Was going to do the free travel mod this morning when I realized it was on the bump stops.

So either this spring lowers much more than 3-4” or I have some sort of lift spring in the front.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having the same problem with the 5305 springs. Even with the isolators and the spacer I’m about even (but sitting on the bump stops). Was going to do the free travel mod this morning when I realized it was on the bump stops.

So either this spring lowers much more than 3-4” or I have some sort of lift spring in the front.

I really think it's the rear spring.

The Shop installed the rear spring with out the spacer by mistake the first time around.

When the installed the spacer, it barely moved it up...they think it went up about 1/4-1/2"

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think it's the rear spring.

The Shop installed the rear spring with out the spacer by mistake the first time around.

When the installed the spacer, it barely moved it up...they think it went up about 1/4-1/2"
I think I’m just going to end up getting lowering struts to match the rear height once the bump stops are removed.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you measure it right before the BT springs were installed and then again afterward? Just cuz it's called a 4" spring doesn't mean the net drop is exactly (or even "around") 4". A 1" spacer will lift it 1". With the way it works, there's just no way around that. It's common for the 5305 coil to drop more than advertised. If there was only 1/4"-1/2" difference after the spacers were installed, my guess is because the larger coils are going around the spacer rather than resting on it and stacking like they did when directly on the coil mount with no spacer.

Sounds like you already have a sound solution by lowering the front to get it where you want it.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you measure it right before the BT springs were installed and then again afterward? Just cuz it's called a 4" spring doesn't mean the net drop is exactly (or even "around") 4". A 1" spacer will lift it 1". With the way it works, there's just no way around that. It's common for the 5305 coil to drop more than advertised. If there was only 1/4"-1/2" difference after the spacers were installed, my guess is because the larger coils are going around the spacer rather than resting on it and stacking like they did when directly on the coil mount with no spacer.

Sounds like you already have a sound solution by lowering the front to get it where you want it.

Yes, I measured it before i swapped the springs.

I had the 2" BT coils in the rear. I wanted another 1" lower to match the Front so I swapped them for the 4" spring with 1" spacer to get it at 3".

It dropped the rear almost 1.5".

Now i'm sitting about 1/2" lower in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts