Rear Liftgate Connector Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firm

Reaction score
The main electrical connector to the rear hatch, under the rubber boot in the top right corner, has two wires that are pretty badly burnt. One purple, the other black (I think). It's causing my rear wiper to work erratically (slow, gets stuck, etc). I've read about a few others having the same issue, but I haven't seen a preferred fix anywhere.

The 'cheap' thing for me to do would be to cut the affected wires back from the connector, add a piece of wire to join them together with some nice connections, and pass the wires right through the connector. I am pretty sure it would work that way, but it's kind of a pain and not really a correct fix.

Has anyone else fixed this? What did you do? Is there a repair connector kit or something available?

OP
OP
Firm

Firm

Reaction score
Here's a good YouTube video on exactly what I am talking about. This guy resolved it the same way I attempted to describe above. Just wondering if there are any other methods? Though I am probably just going to do what the guy in the video does.

andzac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a good YouTube video on exactly what I am talking about. This guy resolved it the same way I attempted to describe above. Just wondering if there are any other methods? Though I am probably just going to do what the guy in the video does.

I just watched that video and I'm gonna do the same thing in the next couple days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84