Rear lift on a auto ride LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, im new to the site. I have been looking at some of the posts for the past couple of days to find an answer to my question and i see there are alot of different answers. I have an 08 Yukon XL Denali with AWD and autoride and i would like to put the 3.5 rough country lift on it. The RC website says the kit won't work with autoride so, i emailed them to see why and they haven't responded yet. Then i see on here that some have done leveling kits and such to autoride vehicles and have had either none or some issues. Does anyone know the exact reason why the manufactures are saying their kits won't work. I'm only looking to put 33's on 22's and i don't want to spend the money to put a 6-8 inch lift. I have three small kids and a short wife so it would be difficult for her and the kids to get into. Thanks in advance

That rough country lift isn't gonna work and you would spend alot more than the rough country lift would cost trying to remove your autoride to make the lift work. I have autoride and I put a body lift with a level but if I had to do it again I'd save up to buy an fts 7" thats autoride compatible.

OP
OP
S

silverlx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check this cable for the service suspension system light if you just put a set of coil spacers on... Mine was unplugged and after plugging it back in, no light!

(Rotate the pic, it came out flipped once)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Brian1971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmmmm that's odd. I have rear 1.5 spacers and an LTZ with AutoRide and no lights on dash... Weird.

That what I'm hoping for! Looking to add 1 or 1.5 rear spacers. Will shock mounts and control rods have to be modified?

Joverine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any other more affordable options besides the arnott unit to replace the rear auto-ride. Trying to find a cost effective solution to getting a static system back there - thanks

Hey guys I've got a 4x4 LTZ and the rear suspension really bothers me. It always looks like its sitting lower in the rear which I can't stand. I replaced the rear shocks recently with Arnott's reman units and they are pretty nice. I went with Bilstein 5100's in the front and they are sweet BUT my front end is now sitting about 3/4 inch higher (install is only 24 hrs old). Sounds great but it makes the rear look like it sagging even more. If the front end doesn't settle back down what are my options just to get about 1-2 inches in the rear without have to spend a bunch of cash and still having the nice ride?

Joverine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you have to trim the bolts to fit those 1.5" spacers? Trying to figure out how small of a spacer I can use without having to cut...

Thanks

I added a 1.5" rear spacer on my 4x4 LTZ avy so it would be leveled. Sounds like that's what you need. My rear end was sagging too due to a 2.5" leveling kit I installed up front.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-1-REAR-COIL-SPRING-SPACER-LIFT-KIT-SET-4X4-2WD-4X2-XL-Z71-INCH-1-2-TON-EXT-/181039023586?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Avalanche|Year:2007&hash=item2a26c445e2&vxp=mtr

Mpaxson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a 3” frt and 1 1/2” on back. I extended the arms on the ride height sensors. Been on there for 5 years and never had the service suspension light come on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep