Rear lift on a auto ride LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

silverlx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Bilstein 5100 front shocks lift the front end 1.75" if you install them with the spacers they came with.
That could be your issue.

There are a couple different height settings, I have it set at factory height and its still got a lift.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I guess what I'm getting at is that you didn't replace the front struts with autoride struts, correct? This might be the problem with your setup. I'm no expert in autoride, but I do know that autoride is for all four corners, not just the rear. If you put a non autoride strut in the front, I think this is going to effect the entire system.[/

The front struts/shocks only have the auto dampening. The rears have the air leveling system. The only difference in the Bilstein V the factory struts is the auto dampening feature. They should allow the truck to sit at factory spec height, at least according to Bilstein, that's why I'm puzzled...

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so could i run the fabtech front spindles with a 2 inch rear spacer?

OP
OP
S

silverlx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed the rear 1.5 " spacers. All was good for about 24 hours and now I get te service suspension light. Any ideas?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm that's odd. I have rear 1.5 spacers and an LTZ with AutoRide and no lights on dash... Weird.

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm that's odd. I have rear 1.5 spacers and an LTZ with AutoRide and no lights on dash... Weird.

Do u have a ccm kit?
I'm from lafayette and saw you the other day on Ambassador. Clean looking avalanche

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope the CCM kit is 2.5/1 -- I have the TGC 2.5 up front and a 1.5 rear billet spacer in the back. I needed more then 1" in the rear to get leveled since I have an LTZ and they sit lower in the rear due to the AutoRide rear shocks.

Haha awesome thanks. I was wondering if you were from this area when I saw your last name.

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ccm kit im waiting to put on and I'm ok with the 2.5/1 because I want a little bit of cali. Who did the work on your avalanche?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A mobile mechanic in Denver Colorado did mine. I was there for a year for work and just moved back to Lafayette to work in the Gulf.

Williamssk123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed ccm on ltz suburban today with autoride. No problems at all, plug on front shocks stick right threw top of front spacer.

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed ccm on ltz suburban today with autoride. No problems at all, plug on front shocks stick right threw top of front spacer.

I dropped mine off at the shop this morning and I have to call when they open at 9. The CCM kit is in the back and they said they'd install it but we're saying they dont normally put the kit on auto ride vehicles so I seriously doubt they'll put the back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick