Rear grounding point location.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miami592

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've an 01 Yukon SLT 5.3L and want to check the condition of the rear grounding point. I've information advising that it is hidden by spare tire. I took the spare out to change the fuel pump and cannot seem to locate the grounding point anywhere.

Can anyone advise as to where it may be hiding?

Thanks in advance- Jeff

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is information from my FSM on my 04, but I would suspect something basic like grounding and wiring is mostly the same for 01... Hope this helps!

Some things are grounded to a point located at the Left Rear Body Mount.
There is supposedly another one located at a point by the Right Rear Quarter panel.

I have not crawled around to verify, but these locations were marked on the FSM wiring diagrams.

Last edited:

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect the spare tire bracket is grounded ONLY to slow down corrosion to the tire bracket. I highly doubt that the spare tire bracket is being used as a central ground considering it is under the mercy of road salt spray every year in states that have snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10