Rear glass separate from hinge.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed300r

Reaction score
Has anyone repaired the hinge on the rear glass. Last summer mine separated from the glass in the urethane rubber. So I removed it and cleaned it very well with wax and grease remover and then rebonded it with windshield urethane. Worked like a champ. Well today it sat outside and it hit 86⁰. This evening I raised the glass to get in my cooler. Closed glass and that hinge has separated again. DAMNIT! Removed the struts and closed it back. Just curious before I buy a used rear glass that could do the same thing again. Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, there's been some posts about it in the past.

I think they changed the design of the rear glass/framing in a certain year, or maybe with the Escalade model rear glass. I can't remember exact details. The hinge is molded into the glass surround and not glued to the glass.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
happened to me on my 12 on a brand new one, I had to replace the original because some clown shot it in the middle of the night with a bb gun, bought one at the dealer and about a month later it came apart, dealer replaced it with another one and it's been fine since. If you can find a nice one at the junkyard it should be fine there seems to be some around now when I had my nbs those things were gone quick now every time I go to the pick-n-pull there are several available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14