Rear DVD on a 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been doing some googling and can't really find what I'm looking for, so I figured I would ask you guys.

I've never owned a vehicle with rear dvd but with a 2.5 year old and a 5.5 year old I'm leaning strongly towards getting one with this purchase I'm about to make.

The question I have is do these rear entertainment systems in this day and age support more video formats than just DVD? Like can I load .mov .mp4 files onto the vehicle's hard drive with a thumb drive and play those? If I subscribe to the LTE service, can it stream Netflix, Amazon prime, etc? Or is it strictly for DVD playback. Anyone know?

If it's strictly for DVD playback that makes a HUGE difference.

Thanks!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an SD card slot. I'll load some up on mine and see if they play MP4 and avi and post results.

OP
OP
WBHMSU

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated Felix!

OP
OP
WBHMSU

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the answer is yes, it works. I put some .mp4 kids shows on a SD card and if you put it in the SD card slot in the 2nd row on the back side of the center console, it plays on both the flip down monitor and the 9" screen in the dash.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using component cables or having hdmi input installed allow you to stream media netflix etc.. through your phone or another device like a Internet connected roku.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

What I did based on suggestions was bought a 64gb Sd card and downloaded movie converti.g software that rips dvds to any format you like. Then load them up on Sd and slip in rear of console. I know have 20+ movies that will play instantly without havi.g to navigate through menus. The software converts only movies not previews etc... think it's called windvd. Lmk if you have any questions.

OP
OP
WBHMSU

WBHMSU

Seagal Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I have questions. I have had a couple of celebratory beverages but I'm still not sure what I'm reading. Not clear on how you are streaming with netflix or roku?? Thanks! That would be huge. Lord knows you can only drive for so long without watching a Calliou.... :emotions133:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879