Rear Driver Door Stops Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2009 PPV has started a new issue. It all started when I replaced my exterior door handles, I noticed my rear driver door stopped working. I couldn’t open from the outside or inside. Having the door panels off, I even tried manually pulling the door latch mechanism from the inside and wouldn’t open. Randomly the door opened from the inside the next day by pulling on the latch mechanism while the door panels were off. Taking my blessings, i decided to lube up the latch and all the inner door lock parts.

fast forward two months, yesterday, I had the same issue, but having the inner door panels on. I panicked. I decided to drive around with the issue and the next day the door started working again. I replaced the door lock arms (as the original ones were cut short) a few months back (the same time I replaced the door handles), so I can actually see the door locks going up and down, but still having the issue.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is it the door latch that needs to be replaced if it’s intermittent? It’s like the rear driving door isn’t unlocking even though the lock indicates it unlocked. I can lock and unlock my doors many times with the key fob, but it opens when it wants to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM