Rear Cargo Mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have some of this already. Will give it a try. The part that attaches to the 3rd row does ok. The separate liner for the floor is terrible. Actually gets in the way when trying to load anything heavy. Hopefully this helps.
I put some along the rear edge of the mat and thought it would work but was still moving around yesterday. I need to add more I think but need to make sure I am not blocking where the part attached the 3rd moves when the seat is raised and lowered.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3M dual lock fasteners are working great for me so far. Applied a couple of months ago and has held up to some extreme temperature swings here in Texas. I only used 4 feet of it, if it doesn't keep the mats in place I can easily add more but initial indications are that it will hold with just 4 ft spread across multiple areas.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3M dual lock fasteners are working great for me so far. Applied a couple of months ago and has held up to some extreme temperature swings here in Texas. I only used 4 feet of it, if it doesn't keep the mats in place I can easily add more but initial indications are that it will hold with just 4 ft spread across multiple areas.
Mine moves around whenever I put things in the back. I am not talking about heavy cargo. I just mean normal family stuff like a cooler, folding chairs, suitcases, etc. maybe I will try combo of the tape and the 3m Velcro. I have both.

STL Grif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used double sided 3m carpet tape, works great.

I received the rear cargo liner yesterday. I cannot believe how big a piece of crap it is. Mine came with like three tiny velcro pads on each piece that don't hold at all.

Does the carpet tape and/or 3m dual lock fasteners damage the material/carpet on the back of the seats?

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the rear cargo liner yesterday. I cannot believe how big a piece of crap it is. Mine came with like three tiny velcro pads on each piece that don't hold at all.

Does the carpet tape and/or 3m dual lock fasteners damage the material/carpet on the back of the seats?
That's very likely, but even the sticky velcro pads that came from GM left residue on the carpet. Im not worried about it since I will never be without a liner back there.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Done with my cargo mat. Returned for refund after several attempts to keep it attached. It's a $150 piece of garbage. Hope there will be better aftermarket solutions.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Husky is coming out with a quality rubber one in a month or less. I’m waiting on it....

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Husky is coming out with a quality rubber one in a month or less. I’m waiting on it....
Will these have ability to work with the 3rd row up and down? I liked the theory behind the OEM option. The execution is a different story.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s iffy, I plan on leaving the 3rd row up anyways. If I need more, I’ll put down my own temporary barrier...

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s iffy, I plan on leaving the 3rd row up anyways. If I need more, I’ll put down my own temporary barrier...
Wonder if I could leave the OEM on the backs of the seats and get better cargo. Will keep any eye out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne