Rear Axillary heater core question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the sawzall method of removing the rear hvac. I’m going to assume the heater hoses he cut are readily available for replacement though.

like how he ends it right there leaving you hanging with those "quick connects" well those are a MAJOR or can be a major pita to remove especially without breaking them which is why he cut the lines to begin with.
all I can add is "good luck with that" if you are lucky you could maybe crush those lines enough to get them out without breaking the plastic

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s good info because you can learn from other peoples mishaps. Thanks for chiming in to advise that what’s most important is what’s been left out.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If that’s a shop, I wonder if the customers got their vehicles back with the entire rear hvac removed as the fix and not know it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Well, I did see that there were still some OEM rear carpet kits on the internet if you’re looking for an excuse to pull the rear carpet and replace it. Maybe you’ll find a secret compartment with a treasure map

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I did see that there were still some OEM rear carpet kits on the internet if you’re looking for an excuse to pull the rear carpet and replace it. Maybe you’ll find a secret compartment with a treasure map
My SSV has a rear rubber mat which is still in good condition, so I'll be keeping it. Now to get motivated to do the job lol.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I didn’t think a new sub bass would motivate, the carpet, ehh maybe. The panels come out pretty quickly. You’ll need to take off the p/s 2nd row seat belt to allow the plastic to be completely removed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n