Really scary situation yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You couldn’t open the door by pressing the door handle button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok... so i auto started my 2018 Tahoe Lt because in Texas it’s 100 degrees. Opened the door, put my 3 year old in the her car seat and shut the door. Unbeknownst to me, my keys fell out of my pocket on to the seat. All of a sudden, all of the doors are locked. Freaking out i call a locksmith. Didn’t have onstar activated so thought i was out of luck. CAR THEN SHUTS OFF AFTER 10 min. Probably standard. I call onstar and they help me out due to emergency. BUT HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH MY KEYS IN THE CAR?? should i take it in and ask? Thanks for any help. Never been more scared in my life. My daughter was trapped for 20 min and was really hot but checked out ok. Almost bashed out a window but i thought locksmith would be there quick. Thanks for any advice.
Just me personally but I always keep my door opened or window rolled down when I put my kids in the car, because I fear something like that happening. I am glad she checked out ok. That would be scary.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume this is not a push button start since car did not sense key fob. In your dic options, you need to turn off delay lock function. This happened to me with my 04 avalanche - lucky I was home and had 2nd key fob ready....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just me personally but I always keep my door opened or window rolled down when I put my kids in the car, because I fear something like that happening. I am glad she checked out ok. That would be scary.
My child isn't that young anymore (sadly), but with my car I can't lock the keys in it unless I really tried. I keep my fob in my backpack and I STILL roll a window down or leave a door open if the fob is ever in the car without me being in it too. I guess I'm always planning for some type of electrical malfunction.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You couldn’t open the door by pressing the door handle button?

Some models don't have the door buttons.

I agree, this is a great technique..

I assume this is not a push button start since car did not sense key fob. In your dic options, you need to turn off delay lock function. This happened to me with my 04 avalanche - lucky I was home and had 2nd key fob ready....

Sounds like what happened.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's an "app"??? Seriously - I have never owned a cell phone and don't plan to start! Because of all those problems...I simply never lock it!

Lol ok this vehicle is too advanced for you. You need a pre 2000 base Model. Jk:)

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you start you’re car with remote start? That only keeps the vehicle on for 10 minutes then automatically shuts off unless you go j side and hit the start button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kns0517