Really bad driver side water leak: carpet soaked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the exact same issues with my windshield, its near the driver side visor area. Ive have a windshield shop seal it twice and it still leaks really bad. How well is that 3M Windo-Weld working? I need to fix mine as soon as possible.

Glad you asked. It works perfectly. There is NO LEAK. It's fixed.

I actually disputed the charge with the merchant and am dealing with the credit card company now. Because I fixed it, they didn't.

You just need to dot your i's and cross your t's. Make sure it's that before conducting the repair. If you're getting that leaking after resealing the windshield twice, it may not be it.

CarolinaCoastal18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad you asked. It works perfectly. There is NO LEAK. It's fixed.

I actually disputed the charge with the merchant and am dealing with the credit card company now. Because I fixed it, they didn't.

You just need to dot your i's and cross your t's. Make sure it's that before conducting the repair. If you're getting that leaking after resealing the windshield twice, it may not be it.

Do you mind posting pictures of where you sealed it? I now have this problem! Thanks!

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures because it's all sealed and buttoned up. I'm actually afraid of taking it apart and disturbing it.

You need to verify and ensure that it's the same leak, because my repair won't work unless it's leaking from that area.

Awfiretto

Reaction score
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/wet-passenger-floorboards-hopefully-fixed.107074/

I had a lot of the same problems. It was not my windshield. I ended up fixing a multitude of small leaks all explained in above post with pics.

Summary :
1 - Cowel HVAC intake seal was deteriorated
2 - Sun roof drain clogged and clogged at outlet into cowel
3 - Door seal weather strip at top near windshield had Texas dust turned to disgusting mud all in it. - metal gap in the metal fin the stripping attached too, water leaks down along the weather stripping to the floor board And picked up by the carpet foam.

I used a lot of silicone (quickly as I was traveling, pardon the mess) but I successfully fixed it all.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I wanted to update this thread.

In between then and now, my windshield got badly cracked and required replacing. Since I was at it, when the shop removed the old windshield, I got pictures of exactly where the leakage was occurring in my case. Click each picture for the full image.

20190123_154130.jpg 20190123_154135.jpg 20190123_154158.jpg 20190123_154151.jpg 20190123_154142.jpg

Basically, what you see in the corner was my repair. That's where I put the 3M Windo-weld into place, and it settled into the exact shape of the corner of the windshield. It is my belief that the crack/weld joint leak is underneath there, as it completely stopped leaking after that.

No matter, after the windshield replacement, there is no leak at all. It's pouring rain right now and has been all night; I just went and checked and the interior is bone dry.

Hope this helps.

Costal_Cat

Reaction score
Ok, this might be exactly what I need. mine is a 2012 Denali XL as well. I had a huge leak with all the same characteristics. No stain coming down the A pillar dripping down the side where the fuse panel is and then coming out around the hood release and behind the kick panel. I pulled the headliner back and cleaned out the drain tube and then reinserted it used some silicon to ensure no leaks around the gasket. Used the hose and all seemed good. Got back from an overseas trip and got in the truck at the airport and wet again. WTF? I got home dried it out and this weekend it was raining but it stayed bone dry so I thought maybe it was just not dry from before.. Wife got home before me last night and since we have to run the kids around on the morning I parked the truck by the street, not in the driveway. More rain last night and I got in and it was wet. Not soaked like before but definitely wet. What I figured out was that when in the driveway there is a slope making the driver front higher than the passenger side. When that happens there is no leak with it raining or the hose.. I was about to dive into the sunroof line again but maybe this is it?

I guess I should check the sharkfin as well but with no stain, I don't see it. Maybe when it is flat the water pools up and allows it to get behind the windshield? It is original but maybe 12's have this seam issue? Did I read correctly that you pulled back the headliner to get to this seam?

Thanks!

Last edited:

housed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree. We also already sealed
the roof rack already, so it's impossible to be it. We removed it completely, cleaned it up, and used dum dum with liquid metal on the posts and screws.
what is "dum dum with liquid metal"

Is this something you mix together?

ARAMP1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wet under the driver side carpet too. Sunroof holes are clean. This might be my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon