Real differences between Yukon and Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly the same but similar comparison
Wife owns a Denali but has been driving a Yukon SLT (her Denali is in GMC jail awaiting a new turbo).

Anyway, the 'things' we have noticed as being different:
- The head unit in the Denali is built in vs in the Yukon it stands out of the dash
- The gauges (fuel as example) in the Yukon are hard to read; I think its the font
- Yukon doesn't have heated steering wheel
- Head units display's are different and the screens / gauges are different (the icons are different)
- In Android Auto mode the Yukon's continually has to re-download the map, in the Denali is just works
- No rear washer or wiper in Yukon
- No parking sensors (light/beeper) in Yukon (but it has crash and pedestrian avoidance)
- No HUD in Yukon (but it has red flashing lights)
- The suspensions are very different, the Yukon moves around a lot compared to the Denali (neither are air)
- The seats are very different, I like the Denali seats better, but I could see folks liking either
- No 4 low in the Yukon; but it has a different option in its place, it's a pic of a Yukon on a box; towing?
- The Yukon gets really bad mileage (12.9mpg on a 300 mile trip we've done 100's of times) the Denali has been mid to upper twenties. Gaser vs diesel :).

I'm sure a bunch of those features are available in the non Denali's; but those where the features we've noticed that were different or didn't exist between them.
Im pretty sure they all have rear wipers. A base slt won't have much but the premium luxury package almost adds everything your missing. Dash design being different for denali. No supercurise option for slt either.

The main difference between tahoe and yukon is really looks tho. That will be the deciding factor. Yukon looks more like a truck/muscular whereas the tahoe looks more sleek/car/mini van like and no fog lights.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure they all have rear wipers.
The Yukon SLT my wife has been driving the last few weeks absolutely 100% doesn't have a rear wiper or washer. I'd assume it comes with some option pack, but this particular vehicle doesn't have it.

Jellyfrosh

Reaction score
The Yukon SLT my wife has been driving the last few weeks absolutely 100% doesn't have a rear wiper or washer. I'd assume it comes with some option pack, but this particular vehicle doesn't have it.
my 2022 SLT has a rear wiper with washer and it doesn't say anywhere on the sticker about it. they're kind of hidden on the 2021+ body style, you sure her Yukon doesn't have one?

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021s and newer all have one. It's tucked up under the rear wing. Slt most def does as it isn't even a base model. Even the sle's do which are base.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our SLT has nearly all those things listed above that is claimed the yukon "doesn't have" but I suppose it's because we have the premium package. Also consistantly averaging 17.5 mpg over 22K miles with a 5.3

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're joking right? On ours if we didn't have it, it would be impossible to see out the back window thru the rear-view mirror after half a mile of driving on a wet road. Basically everything other than pickups and sedans have a rear wiper. The control for it is on the turn stalk just to the right of the control for the front wipers. The wiper tucks up underneath the rear brake light.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never seen a gm suv without a factory wiper unless it was removed/deleted after the fact, check the left side of dash or turn signal stalk, they are kind of tucked up on the new trucks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our SLT has nearly all those things listed above that is claimed the yukon "doesn't have" but I suppose it's because we have the premium package. Also consistantly averaging 17.5 mpg over 22K miles with a 5.3
the 2wd are always going to get better mpg

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2wd are always going to get better mpg
I got 4wd and aggressive tread pattern tires. Was averaging closer to 19 mpg for the first 6k miles when it had those pathetic continental tires that came on it new. The ridge grapplers definitely dropped the mpgs a bit but drastically improved the the wet traction (and appearance) of the vehicle

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're joking right? On ours if we didn't have it, it would be impossible to see out the back window thru the rear-view mirror after half a mile of driving on a wet road. Basically everything other than pickups and sedans have a rear wiper. The control for it is on the turn stalk just to the right of the control for the front wipers. The wiper tucks up underneath the rear brake light.
The above is why we noticed it
I'm absolutely not joking, it doesn't have one.

Yes I know where the controls are, it didn't have them and I got out and looked at the rear window and no wiper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt