RCLC.....1997 2dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rclc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1997 2dr 120k miles. I have owned an 01 and 06 4dr's and do understand most issues but would like to hear from you all. i really like this body style. I had and awesome 88 Blazer in the day.

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are good trucks, as long as you don’t have to keep putting kids in the back, kind of a pain. I’ve had a 93 blazer full-size on a 6” procomp lift with 35” back in 2001 and it was my favorite truck. Sold it to buy a brand new 03 Yukon.

always wanted another truck, so I picked up my current one, a 96 tahoe 2dr, the 96+ trucks got the new vortec motor and push button 4x4, 97 was the first year of the passenger side airbag.

Rear interior pieces are hard to come by, I’ve been looking for a new spare tire set up for a while and haven’t been able to find one.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought my 97 4dr at 124k it now haa 172k so some of the issues ive had come up.
exhaust manifold leak
worn distributor gear
throttle position sensor and plug
wheel bearings
pitman and idler arm
my wife likes to slam doors so the passenger door doesn't open as well as it used to and managed to bed the rear class u catch
4wd front axle actuator and 4x4 push button switch
rear main seal
and lastly the rear window wiper is useless ass a turd in a pool. ive replaced the arm so it actually wipes the window but the blade never lasts.
id also like yo note i boughg it fairly cheap as the 2 previous owners were total morons and messed a bunch of stuff up and for the most part it wasn't maintained properly. outside of self inflicted dead on the side of road it has never actually let me down. and ive fixed issues as they arrived. id buy it again in a heart beat so a 2dr with low miles im not sure why its not already in your driveway.

OP
OP
R

rclc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will be giving it an old guy look over tomorrow which means when i'm under neath I will need someone to help me get up and will have two pair of glasses and also a mag flash lite. It's a one owner, asking 8500, (know the book value is 3200) and know the major issues have not been address. You all know suspension, tranny..diff ..transfer case maintenance etc, etc.
I will keep you all informed and if purchased will have fun making this 2dr a great strong ride. WITH ALL YOUR HELP. Peace and Happy New Year!!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch 8500 ya thats a bit much and would have stopped me. i can see why you haven't already jumped on it

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In looking quick at what’s available on Autotrader, $8500 might be a little high, but not out of the ballpark for what folks are asking depending on how clean it is. All the 1997/98 2drs I see are listed for $5000 or more with 180K+ on them.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High price but if it's in good enough shape, might be worth it. Those things in decent condition are not easy to find these days.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To clarify my post above, for me to pay $8500 for a '97 that truck would need to look like it was purchased new, sealed up, and stored in a private warehouse with a dedicated employee who performed required time sensitive maintenance at regular intervals. Or you'd just have to seriously want it and have no other options. As much as I love the 2 doors, you can get a lot more vehicle for around that price.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be easier to tell u what isnt wrong with mine. But if you like working on it yourself everything is dirt cheap. You can just about rebuild the whole damn thing for $15k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j