Rattling in drivers side seatbelt mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been having an issue that the seatbelt adjuster on the drivers side has a constant annoying rattle. The littlest numb causes the noise. Nothing on the passenger side. Dealer can't seem to fix it. Anyone else have this issue or notice similar?

OP
OP
W

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well finally brought it in and they checked it out all day. Did 3 recall repairs and couldn't find the noise. I took them for a drive and then they heard it. Called me a few hours later to tell me it was the seatbelt assembly inside the b-pilar. Will take a few days to get so I have a 14 denali till then as a loaner.

ps. The 14s feel like cheap beaters after driving a 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, yeah the older gen is a big let down after looking at the 15's.

I can get a '14 XL Denali with 23k miles for $45K but I think it's worth waiting another year to get a 15.5 for $50K.

Hopefully they get your rattle fixed, nothing more annoying on a brand new car!

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are selling 14 Denali XL at a dealer near me new for $41k - $43k

cr1084

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same noise in my 2015 Tahoe. I initially thought it was the seat belt assembly. I have now ruled that out and have traced the noise to the weather stripping on the driver side door (upper left part).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401