Rattles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Darla76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As if my rattles aren’t bad enough now I had to have it towed today. Started shaking and shuttering. My engine light came on. It started making a terrible noise. Other service messages were flashing on the display.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As if my rattles aren’t bad enough now I had to have it towed today. Started shaking and shuttering. My engine light came on. It started making a terrible noise. Other service messages were flashing on the display.
Make sure you document everything. Trust me, I know.

tlockhart

Reaction score
I get a ratter from the left door when bass hits on hip/hop/edm songs with a lot of bass. I'm definitely going to be taking it in, I've just been too lazy.

Anyone else had this?

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far ours has been ok, but I foresee rattles in the future as the rig does not have a good low-speed ride quality.

Yukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else have excessive rattles in the back of their 2021 Tahoe? I can't tell if it is coming from the 2nd row or where. Its terrible though.
Just found out the cause. It’s the retainer clips underneath the vehicles heat shield by exhaust. They fall out. I’m missing 2 and have been dealing with the noise for almost a year before anyone could figure it out.

eshahak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got mine back from the dealership and they fixed my rattle with scotch tape around the ring that the hatch connects to in the back... no more rattles.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got mine back from the dealership and they fixed my rattle with scotch tape around the ring that the hatch connects to in the back... no more rattles.
I was just going to say time to get some felt pads and tape out, I have fixed many rattles that way.
have some one else drive while you check for the source of the rattles, I seem to be the only person in my family that can locate a noise.

rbromm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else have excessive rattles in the back of their 2021 Tahoe? I can't tell if it is coming from the 2nd row or where. Its terrible though.
I have a 2016 XL Denali that has some rattles in the back that drove me crazy and there are two areas that you need to look at. One is the adjustable stops for the rear hatch bumpers. The hatch rattles if those stops are loose. The second thing you need to look is the seat latches for the second row seats. Mine has captains chairs and my rattle was the latch bar on the floor where it meets the latch on the seat. I installed two pieces of bicycle inner tube with tie wraps to the attachment bar on the floor and it totally eliminated the seat rattles. The seat is a little harder to latch down after folding and possibly a few wraps of electrical tape would be just as good but I have not tried that. Have fun, a quiet car like a Denali makes even minor rattles more annoying than normal.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 20

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out the cause. It’s the retainer clips underneath the vehicles heat shield by exhaust. They fall out. I’m missing 2 and have been dealing with the noise for almost a year before anyone could figure it out.
I think I have this one. Something in my exhaust system occasionally vibrates annoyingly, usually when I'm at a stop with the vehicle running. I'll get under there and see if there are any clips missing.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have this one. Something in my exhaust system occasionally vibrates annoyingly, usually when I'm at a stop with the vehicle running. I'll get under there and see if there are any clips missing.
There's a service bulletin out for the heat shield fasteners falling off - updated part numbers are in the bulletin linked below -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins