Rattles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darla76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else have excessive rattles in the back of their 2021 Tahoe? I can't tell if it is coming from the 2nd row or where. Its terrible though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Darla76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is. Take everything you put into it, out.
Then go for a ride
after that have someone ride in the back seat and move from side to side.
Believe me- I have done that. Some noises are coming from the passenger side 2nd row seat. Some are coming from the very back. Sounds like some are under the cargo area and some are coming from where the jack is stored. I have had 3 Tahoes, a suburban, a Yukon Denail and a Yukon XL Denali and none have been this noisy.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
about ready to lemon mine from the headliner rattling that the dealer is too stupid to fix after i told them about the new clips 3 times.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who doesn't hate rattles especially in a new vehicle. How do they make them to rattle two months after we buy them? Something I noticed from a test drive was the ultrathin plastic in the cargo area. A knuckle test sent it vibrating.

Snowboarder1740

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else have excessive rattles in the back of their 2021 Tahoe? I can't tell if it is coming from the 2nd row or where. Its terrible though.
Mine has a rattle as well. After having my wife drive the other day and me sitting in the back, I realized it’s coming from the glass on the back tailgate. Every little bump in the road has it rattling. I have 2 recalls that need to be fixed, so I figure I will mention it then.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've fixed so many rattles that I've lost count. It's pretty darn quiet now.
For the rear hatch glass; I added white lithium grease to the latch and its perfect now. Dealer could not figure it out because the rubbing/rattle was coming from this latch and radiating up the glass. It sounded as if it were coming from the rear spoiler on top.

Attachments

• 20210610_190606.jpg
    20210610_190606.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210610_190558.jpg
    20210610_190558.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
D

Darla76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
about ready to lemon mine from the headliner rattling that the dealer is too stupid to fix after i told them about the new clips 3 times.
As if my rattles aren’t bad enough now I had to have it towed today. Started shaking and shuttering. My engine light started flashing. It was making a loud noise underneath. Service messages were coming on the display. I’m so disappointed!

OP
OP
D

Darla76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the rear hatch glass; I added white lithium grease to the latch and its perfect now. Dealer could not figure it out because the rubbing/rattle was coming from this latch and radiating up the glass. It sounded as if it were coming from the rear spoiler on
For the rear hatch glass; I added white lithium grease to the latch and its perfect now. Dealer could not figure it out because the rubbing/rattle was coming from this latch and radiating up the glass. It sounded as if it were coming from the rear spoiler on top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE