Rattle in the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Posiburner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon that has a rattle that I’ve looked everywhere for.Sounds like it’s somewhere in the gate but I can’t find anything.I’ve put foam under taillights and third brake light.it’s still there especially just driving through my neighborhood at low speed.Sounds like plastic hitting something.Anyone have any ideas? Driving me nuts!!

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about 07’s but my 23 had a rattle. found it to be coming from a vent hose/plastic connector around the fuel filler neck. could see it from under the car. tie wrapped the vent hose and solved it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon that has a rattle that I’ve looked everywhere for.Sounds like it’s somewhere in the gate but I can’t find anything.I’ve put foam under taillights and third brake light.it’s still there especially just driving through my neighborhood at low speed.Sounds like plastic hitting something.Anyone have any ideas? Driving me nuts!!
if it sounds like it is coming from the outside then get under the rear with a flashlight and look up, look to see if maybe there a trailer wire connector or other harness dangling and maybe blowing in the wind and smacking on the body? also check that the splash shields have all there plastic plugs in place, check that the sway bar dlink bushings and end links are in place, just look around at everything eventually you will find it.

Reaction score
Check to make sure the spare tire is snug to the underside. They'll lose air over time causing them to be a little lose.

Also look inside the driver's side rear storage panel where the jack and jack handle are stored and make sure they're secured in their mounts

OP
OP
P

Posiburner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if it sounds like it is coming from the outside then get under the rear with a flashlight and look up, look to see if maybe there a trailer wire connector or other harness dangling and maybe blowing in the wind and smacking on the body? also check that the splash shields have all there plastic plugs in place, check that the sway bar dlink bushings and end links are in place, just look around at everything eventually you will find it.
I replaced the sway bar bushy yesterday.I had it on a lift and looked everywhere.I’ll have to look at those harnesses.The slightest little bump I hear it.I thought maybe it’s the gate latch actuator failing.I’ll have to keep searching

OP
OP
P

Posiburner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check to make sure the spare tire is snug to the underside. They'll lose air over time causing them to be a little lose.

Also look inside the driver's side rear storage panel where the jack and jack handle are stored and make sure they're secured in their mounts
I had it on the lift yesterday.I hit the tire with a dead blow hammer and didn’t hear anything.I’m at a loss with this thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts