Raptor Liner??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thebesta94

Reaction score
What's up guys.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with raptor liner? I saw new Tacoma that was completely done in it the other day, the owner said he has had it for only a week so couldn't give me much info on it except for the fact that it looked bad ass.

My questions are does it hold up well long term? Resistant to Extreme heat? Extreme cold? It's not the most expensive product out there but seems to have alot of good reviews..

Then again... trying to decide if I want to stray away from the clean white paint on it now or not.

Any info on the product would be appreciated!

Lancem

Reaction score
I had a 96 Burb that I had done in white. Nice because the Mesquite can't scratch it and there's lots of that on the 4 miles of bad road I have to drive to get home. We have tons of dust out here and mostly dirt roads except for the highway, so most of the time truck are sort of a dusty tan color, this stuff was so slick though nothing stuck to it and it always looked bright white. I did the bed of my 92 pickup 7-8 years ago, I had color matched it blue same as the truck. The bed has faded in the Texas sun quite a bit, and I found that if you have colored it, it will scratch white. That being said I would do it again but for an overall vehicle job I would stick to white. TCP Global has their own brand which is the same as Raptor but cheaper, this is the kit I used on my Burb and would recommend it. http://www.tcpglobal.com/s.nl/it.A/id.233409/.f

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Yes my 2 door is completely raptor lined. Has been for a few years now. The elements don't seem to have an effect on it but it WILL scratch not super easy but it will. If u scratch it u can for lack of a better term buff the scratch and clean it up. As far as uv resistance. I did alot of research and talked with the guys at upol. If you are tinting the product it needs to be tinted with "binder free" paint. The liner has it's own binders and they will react with other binders. This is where it gets funny because u can go to the paint house and have them mix u a gallon with no binders. But you will get less than 1 quart and have to pay for a gallon lol. So it can get expensive if u are doing a full respray. But if u are ok with taking the chance go ahead and just get a regular mix and go for it. The results seem to look the same but it wasnt a chance I wanted to take. Anyway long story short if I had it to do agian I probably still would. It gets alot of attention and has held up well!903fd0cfdbd48cc8780896cd8ac6b6de.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thebesta94, what year do you have as we made need to get you moved to the correct year section. This is the 2015+ section.

Raptor Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's up guys.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with raptor liner? I saw new Tacoma that was completely done in it the other day, the owner said he has had it for only a week so couldn't give me much info on it except for the fact that it looked bad ass.

My questions are does it hold up well long term? Resistant to Extreme heat? Extreme cold? It's not the most expensive product out there but seems to have alot of good reviews..

Then again... trying to decide if I want to stray away from the clean white paint on it now or not.

Any info on the product would be appreciated!

Painted entire 2007 Tahoe with Raptor. Bought the Raptor kits on Amazon and we sprayed everything. Survived major hail storm with only one small dent. Amazingly easy to wash too.

47B400F1-80C9-4C9E-B0CB-2CBA242B29DC.jpeg

Moguy0416

Reaction score
Yes my 2 door is completely raptor lined. Has been for a few years now. The elements don't seem to have an effect on it but it WILL scratch not super easy but it will. If u scratch it u can for lack of a better term buff the scratch and clean it up. As far as uv resistance. I did alot of research and talked with the guys at upol. If you are tinting the product it needs to be tinted with "binder free" paint. The liner has it's own binders and they will react with other binders. This is where it gets funny because u can go to the paint house and have them mix u a gallon with no binders. But you will get less than 1 quart and have to pay for a gallon lol. So it can get expensive if u are doing a full respray. But if u are ok with taking the chance go ahead and just get a regular mix and go for it. The results seem to look the same but it wasnt a chance I wanted to take. Anyway long story short if I had it to do agian I probably still would. It gets alot of attention and has held up well!903fd0cfdbd48cc8780896cd8ac6b6de.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

what did this cost approximately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo