Random misfire according to autozones scan tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mollythecow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, my 02 Chevy Tahoe lt with auto ride and 209, 000 on the clock started running rough so I got it scanned autozone but the print out offered no details other then remove and clean my fuel injectors.

The misfire is definitely fuel injector related because it'll start and run perfect one time. The next time it's running so bad it feels like the pistons are swapping holes.

The cats are missing in action so the CEL stays on all the time.

Thanks for reading.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not a diagnosis that points directly to fuel injectors. It could be any number of things, the only thing for certain is you’re experiencing random misfires. You need to get a good scanner that reads real-time data so you can see which cylinders are misfiring. It could be plugs, wires, coils, injectors, MAF, etc.

OP
OP
M

Mollythecow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I was pretty certain a good scanner was gonna be necessary to figure this one out.

OP
OP
M

Mollythecow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New pcm and antilock brake module did the trick. All my grounds were good & ran one tankful of Wally world injector cleaner through it so far. She's running great although a tad bit smokey during wot. Not bad for 18 years old and near 210, 000 miles. I'll take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19