Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/\ for the transmission, PCM of NC is where i got the conversion harness other than 2 wires its plug n play and comes with a t42 tcm.

would usually need torque converter and flex plate specific to the 4l80. Circle D recommended just to chop up the triple disc converter i had, use the billet parts and convert it to work for the 4l80. that saves me from needing new flex plate and only cost me a few hundred ratehr than another billet 3-5 disc torque converter ($1300+) - not sure if starter would need to be swapped or not

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall done?

:anitoof:

waiting on a vacuum/boost block- motion raceworks bolts to the head hoping to do passenger side rear, have to just route a few hoses to it. that evap, blow off valve, psi switch for 2nd fuel pump im hoping i can mount it right to the block.
need to see where flex fuel sensor wiring ended up- thought it was moving, need to get it loomed, the brake booster (now pcv check valve) has a switch i want to hook back up to keep lights off the dash, got the rest off the fuel injector pigtails i need to splice in.

need to cut 10an fuel feed hose to length and secure it and the factory lines (theres supports off the trans from factory)

im hiding a lot of stuff behind/under the manifold, some of it is easier to work from under truck (without trans) so when i get all of it done then i can throw the 4l80 in. also want to check torque converter to flex plate measurement so if theres any problems i know BEFORE i put the trans in the truck

hot parts are all getting ceramic coated so theyll be another week (should have made the decision to send out earlier) but i also have a feeling ill need driveshafts made anyway so i'll see be waiting after all this goes back in

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its what's on the inside that counts? :anitoof:

Kind of a let down to bust it open and see an old, but very cleaned up and painted, case. But knew it was what was coming, said they like to use the older case for fluid transfer or some crap. Alas the entire case has prob been hot tanked, cleaned and painted no one will ever see more than the pan anyway.
I threw an old short hose I had laying around to loop the cooler fittings. And made sure the transfer case adapter works. It is about 1.5-2" longer than the 6l80
20190618_195738.jpg 20190618_195736.jpg 20190618_195751.jpg 20190618_195747.jpg 20190618_195753.jpg