Rancho QuickLift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of Rancho QuickLifts for my '15 SSV since my front shocks are starting to go.

I've seen mixed reviews, but how have they treated everyone with Tahoes?

I would've gone with Bilstein 5100s but they're mostly soldout right now and I wanted to get this done before I travel from FL to NJ.

I have the NHT Max Trailering package so I have the rear air suspension in the rear.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not Tahoe, but actually just installed QuickLifts in the front and RS5000x in the rear of my 2016 Silverado today. Left them on #5 setting and they are great. Maybe slightly hard, but my old ones were goners, so that might have something to do with it.

Was thinking about putting a set on the wife’s Suburban we just got, but that has to wait since the previous owner put a set of KYBs in thr front back in August. Bought rears to match and that thing will be good to go for a while.

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reviving this is super old thread — @Solace how have your ranchos held up?

I’m considering replacing my stock z71 suspension with Ranchos..

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BlackBrud - the following link is for MRC delete kits; however, I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy from them w/out the MRC delete and/or find something similar out there...
https://www.magdelete.com/collections/tahoe

I would say Rancho over RC, but while you're doing the front I would consider the idea of new adjustable height coilovers...
Changing rear ride height at all?

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BlackBrud - the following link is for MRC delete kits; however, I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy from them w/out the MRC delete and/or find something similar out there...
https://www.magdelete.com/collections/tahoe

I would say Rancho over RC, but while you're doing the front I would consider the idea of new adjustable height coilovers...
Changing rear ride height at all?
Thanks! I don't think I'll need the mag deletes though, since I have the stock z71 suspension. I'll have to take a look for any cables running to the suspension though next time I'm under the burb.

My plan was to replace all four corners with this set of 9000 series Ranchos:

I'd prefer to keep some rake, though, and I feel like the 2" level from the Ranchos might be a little too much, and would look squatted when the rear end is loaded down.

I just wanted to see how the Ranchos have held up for other members - for me, the decision is between Rancho and Fox..

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct that you DO NOT need the MRC delete; the z71 is passive suspension.

If price is not a major issue, I would suggest Fox all the way. But seriously, that Bilstein kit is not a bad option either.
But the Fox 2.0 Adj IFP coilovers are terrific IMO. I'm on my second pair of Fox front coilovers. Initially had what you would install (Fox part#985-02-018) and now using the 4-6" adj. 2.0s.
The Fox coilovers could be adjusted down when they arrive. Then you could control the front ride height and keep the rake you want. A +1" up front I think would be pretty good. The Fox 2.0s tend to like to lift our front ends up more than advertised. The Fox 2.0s come with a new Eibach spring, powder coated silver w/Fox branding.
If you take a look at the magdelete website (link in post#4) you will see that the company is building new front coilover assemblies using a "stock" front coil. Actually, just looked again and they have added a new Bilstein kit to their lineup. 4 choices in total. Again, you don't need the MRC delete kit with your z71.

There's nothing that says your rear shocks must match the front. You could go with the Fox 2.0 coilovers up front and then do the Rancho RSXL9000 adj rear shocks...that might actually not be too bad a setup. The rear shocks are fairly "cheap" and could easily be replaced. You're z71 has a trim specific rear coil, so you're already realizing a bit of rear ride height increase over the other trim models. Some TYForum members have installed z71 (Tahoe or Suburban) rear coil springs to increase their rear ride heights.

Keep us posted with what direction you go.

Safe Travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu