Rain issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricky68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So , my 99 has had issues when we get any moderate to heavy amount of rain. It's been like this since I got it but has intensified in the last couple of days. It will run very rough starting off , does ok in intermediate speeds and rpms , when in overdrive it will shudder if you punch it. I have a list of suspects. I looked at the distributor cap ,it looks fine but that means nothing , a crack could be very small. I was wondering if it might be the coil but I think the symptoms would be intensified it it were the coil.I don't think it is anything in the fuel system ..Suggestions??

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So , my 99 has had issues when we get any moderate to heavy amount of rain. It's been like this since I got it but has intensified in the last couple of days. It will run very rough starting off , does ok in intermediate speeds and rpms , when in overdrive it will shudder if you punch it. I have a list of suspects. I looked at the distributor cap ,it looks fine but that means nothing , a crack could be very small. I was wondering if it might be the coil but I think the symptoms would be intensified it it were the coil.I don't think it is anything in the fuel system ..Suggestions??
Spray some wd40 in the cap and see what it does.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray water from a squirt bottle on your spark plug wires when it’s running see if any change on a dry day maybe bad wires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mordy913