Rain causing reduced power and stabilitrak warning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigALandTheBoys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so for a while now we have had an issue of reduced engine power and the stabilitrak warning coming on after it rains. Not while driving in the rain but after the truck (2014 Yukon XL Denali) sits in the rain, and a split second after the accelerator is pressed. I have replaced TPS and pedal. I’ve searched Google and any forum I can find high and low and the only thing close is a guy that had an older Pontiac minivan with the same issue, his problem was a water leak under the dash. I can’t seem to find any moisture under my dash. I have also come across forums saying that the satellite antenna leaks, that seems to be a long way for water to travel. My wife keeps a code reader in the console and just clears the codes and it’s back to normal. Normally I would dig deeper before just clearing the codes all the time but it’s only after it rains and rarely happens twice after the same rain and doesn’t happen every time it rains either. Anyone heard of this issue?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

The specific codes are very important to troubleshooting, so please get and share the codes with us.

OP
OP
B

BigALandTheBoys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

The specific codes are very important to troubleshooting, so please get and share the codes with us.
Thanks, glad to be here. I will see if my scanner can pull recently deleted codes, otherwise I will have to wait on it to happen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick