Radio upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

560b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Yukon Denali, has the non touch screen radio/head unit in it. I’d like to upgrade even if it’s just a oem touch screen or just whatever after market is best.

Needs: it needs to be able to work with the steering wheel controls, i want the DVD player to still be functional other than that I’m open.

I obviously do not have a back up camera but wouldn’t mind having that feature as well but not a necessity.

Thank you for any recommendations

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First establish your budget.

Then go to Crutchfield online and look at head units and the interconnection module (preserves steering wheel controls) that fits your budget. Talk to those folks on the phone, and they will help you identify the two components (head unit and interconnection device) that will work with your truck and fit your budget.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07 Yukon Denali, has the non touch screen radio/head unit in it. I’d like to upgrade even if it’s just a oem touch screen or just whatever after market is best.

Needs: it needs to be able to work with the steering wheel controls, i want the DVD player to still be functional other than that I’m open.

I obviously do not have a back up camera but wouldn’t mind having that feature as well but not a necessity.

I have one of the Chinese Xtrons Android units that specifically designed to work with this vehicle that I bought on Amazon a few years ago. I absolutely love it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lots of options out there, just a matter of how much money you want to spend
if you want to retain RSE then you need a radio that supports RSE / dual zone
then you need modules like a maestro rr and a couple others and a SWC interface
my pioneer and modules ran me about $1500 or so. that's on the higher end of cost's, like I said it depends on what you want to spend you can go used or refurbished and save money

xDan

Reaction score
I have one of the Chinese Xtrons Android units that specifically designed to work with this vehicle that I bought on Amazon a few years ago. I absolutely love it.
Which one did you get? Did you have to get a wheel control module like the maestro?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which one did you get? Did you have to get a wheel control module like the maestro?
It’s an Android 8.0 unit so they don’t list it any more on Amazon. It didn’t require anything extra unless I wanted the rear entertainment system to be fully functional with it. In which case I would have needed the maestro. Out of the box it projects on the screen back there but won’t run the wireless headphones, and the steering wheel controls work fine also.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Check out the product and instruction pdf links on the page below.

This company is in business to sell OEM pre owned Navi units recoded to your VIN. It’s a good resource to see what’s involved in doing a level I or level II swap up to the Navi head unit.

You can add the (I) 07-11 DVD based Navi or the (II) 12-14 hard drive Navi. The first is easier and less expensive to install. The 2nd factory unit has a faster processor and almost up to date Navi data. It also has easy integration for A2DP BT music streaming.

On a different note your current radio & both Navi can be updated to factory BT for the 09-14 phones BT for $50-$75.

The thing to consider is the cost, quality and functionality of the adapters needed to integrate aftermarket Navi into the steering wheel controls and the cost of the replacement unit itself. Crutchfield will show you those costs. I did OEM level II on our Escalade w/ BT & Music streaming with a hard drive Navi from a level I OEM DVD based system. It’s stealth and covered by auto insurance as a factory system.

The prices listed on that site are full blown retail prices. You can do the job yourself for a third or 1/2.

Last edited:

ccole

Reaction score
This is the direction myself and a handful of guys go in the sound quality competition scene choose. JOYING They integrate nicely, have tremendous amount of features, while offering good fit and finish in our trucks.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can wait, I am going to be picking up a Dynavin unit which has been very highly regarded.

The new version is coming out by summer 2023. This was just updated as the previous statement was for early 2023.