Radio install, Now no crank, no door locks, no keyless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wfburton159

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me. I have been working on installing a Pioneer radio in my 2010 Yukon XL with the Bose system. That was all working well. This vehicle has the reverse camera in the mirror. I went to tap into the backup camera wires at the mirror and now I have no radio (pioneer or factory), no crank so no start, all warning lights display on dash when you try to crank. Fuses good. Front driver side and passenger side make a clicking noise near switches. When you open the front doors no interior lights come on. Both rear doors the interior lights come on. Keyless entry doesnt work. Has aftermarket remote start and that remote does not operate the power locks either. Tried two batteries.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me. I have been working on installing a Pioneer radio in my 2010 Yukon XL with the Bose system. That was all working well. This vehicle has the reverse camera in the mirror. I went to tap into the backup camera wires at the mirror and now I have no radio (pioneer or factory), no crank so no start, all warning lights display on dash when you try to crank. Fuses good. Front driver side and passenger side make a clicking noise near switches. When you open the front doors no interior lights come on. Both rear doors the interior lights come on. Keyless entry doesnt work. Has aftermarket remote start and that remote does not operate the power locks either. Tried two batteries.
When you turn the key on and the warning lights come on, after they go back off before you try and crank it, does the little lock symbol light on the tach side go off or stay back on?

OP
OP
W

wfburton159

Reaction score
Security light is on and never shuts off. I have waited over 15 minutes and it still stays constant on.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Security light is on and never shuts off. I have waited over 15 minutes and it still stays constant on.
It should go out after a brief on period (along with all the others except the CEL, which goes off after engine start).

You likely need to do a key relearn (Try one of your spares first, if they don’t work a relearn is likely needed).

You might try googling the relearn procedure, probably get a few false hits before you get one that will work, or a locksmith that does the GM Passkey III+ learning can probably get you back on the road.

Good luck.

OP
OP
W

wfburton159

Reaction score
It should go out after a brief on period (along with all the others except the CEL, which goes off after engine start).

You likely need to do a key relearn (Try one of your spares first, if they don’t work a relearn is likely needed).

You might try googling the relearn procedure, probably get a few false hits before you get one that will work, or a locksmith that does the GM Passkey III+ learning can probably get you back on the road.

Good luck.
The lights never go out. She's got me very worried.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights never go out. She's got me very worried.
You might try the 30 min relearn. Even if the security light doesn’t go out after 10 minutes, try the off on after like 12 min for 3 cycles and see if it takes.

OP
OP
W

wfburton159

Reaction score
It doesn’t go off. But yes I could try the relearn tomorrow. Thanks!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it isn’t encouraging, but I have read about others with theft deterrent issues after installing aftermarket accessories. Just a shot in the dark.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz